New to the whole thing in California

Slayfan

Frugally lurking
Reaction score
Hi all, native Californian here looking to become less dependent on the super market. Mostly for health reasons but to have a more positive impact on the environment as well. 😊

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon! What part of California? I grew up in the LA area (Ontario, Upland, Pomona) then moved to the Bay area (Morgan Hill) and finally moved to the Cascades in Klamath county. The thing I miss most is the wonderful gardening in Morgan Hill-- three growing seasons a year... I remember going out to pick ripe tomatoes for Christmas dinner.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome from Maine. I was blessed to visit S CA a number of years ago. It was absolutely breath taking. We were there in May. We were at Murietta Hot Springs.

CrealCritter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome

My son in law was stationed U.S. Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton for several years. My wife and I visited numerous times.

California is a strange place to a Midwestern guy is all I can say. To go anywhere it seemed you had to jump on I5. There were way to many people for me. At times, I felt as nervous as a chain smoker hanging around a gas station. I would wash the car (white), the next morning it would be black again, like it hadn't been washed. And for the very first time in my life I developed asthma and had to go to a clinic and get an inhaler. When I got back home it went away.

Last edited:

WildBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Welcome from Idaho! Have fun becoming more self-dependant!