New Zealand

megzy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's unlikely, but anybody else from this tiny little country?

I live with my partner and our four kids in Auckland (at the top of New Zealand). Getting ready to make the move to what we hope will be a completely self-sufficient farm.

megzy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We're just waiting for a couple more families to join us before we go ahead. See we've found the land that we want (we were determined to have a river or stream through the property) and we have found quite a few sections that meet our needs. We have four families in our group so far but think a couple more would make things easier. We have worked out we will be able to have 2 horses, cows, sheep, 2 goats, and lots of chickens. Plus bees, our garden and our fruit trees. The only downside is that we will have to stay in our caravans while building houses but i think we're ready for that. Been slowly getting ready by converting to solar power and having small vege gardens at our homes etc, but its gonna be a big change when we make the move.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I think that sounds like quite the adventure. A planned self sufficient community!!! It is wise to be well preapared and to have plenty of people to make positive contributions.