New Zealand

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've always wanted to go there! Lovely place to live and such diverse animal life.

Can't wait for you to tell us more about your SS community....it would be nice if you could post pics and keep a journal of your progress for us, as many of us struggle with the idea of wanting to have more land but being unable to afford it. I think these types of communities are catching on and I wonder why more families don't do this very thing. Although....if one did it with family, I imagine it wouldn't go as smoothly! :lol:

Welcome to the forum! :)

megzy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I talk about it like its just round the corner though its probably a little while before we're ready to move, but every day we are getting a step closer, there are a lot of variables to consider but its worth it for what we believe our end result will be.

I'm a huge NZ advocate. I really believe it's one of the countries that's easiest to live off the land. We have lots of farmland, lots of rivers/streams etc. I love that wherever you go you're basically near the beach. Also the weather is perfect for growing fruit and veg, it's never really too hot or too cold, like its rare that we get snow (except up the mountains). Like any country its got its bad points, but overall I love this place.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks to everyone, my first day on the boards and everyone has been so nice!

megzy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
And yeah I was thinking about making a video of the progress, and doing a picture journal too.

This is one of the communities in NZ, ours will be a little different but its still interesting:

users.actrix.co.nz/kohatutoa/

Lalaith

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hey Kiwi! I grew up in Dunedin, NZ but I moved to the US for high school and now I'm in Canada :). How's that for a journey? Ha ha I still get homesick and I keep track of some NZ websites like Moosey's Country Gardens, etc.

Good luck getting the farm up and running and keep us expats posted on your exploits for sure!

Latest posts