Newbie alert

Kotori

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hey all. I've joined this forum because I love the idea of being self-sufficient/green/homestead.

My biggest interests are in animals on the farm, and efficiency- to a point.

I like making the most of little things, like feed-efficient mini-cattle, but my dream place is actually quite large- 25+ acres.
I am also very interested in using animals as a replacement for tractors, and am working on a energy/land use/price comparison between the two.
This summer I am hoping to follow a farrier and learn more about a horse's hoof, and also shadow a vet.

If there is anyone in the Ohio area that would be willing to let me visit and could deal with my questions, please message me. I am interested in fencing, feed, butchering,milking, making soap and cheese...basically anything you'd be willing to teach me.

Currently, I'm failing as a farmer and succeeding at dressage.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome I'm better at farming than I am at dressage, but still have a lot to learn myself.

PacasNChicks

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
this is a really awesome place to get info ... welcome! I'll be moving from the Valley in AZ to the White Mts in approx 4 weeks. Cant wait because I will be raising Alpaca's and chickens for starters. Once I get settled I want to do aquaponics.

Anyone who knows anyone needing to board Alpaca's in AZ ... send them my way! I can only afford my 4 for now but would love to have more to fill in the huge area that is fenced off!

God Bless
KC