newbie from Oregon

krisac

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello, I just found this forum I am from Junction city Oregon which is by Eugene. I have a seamstress shop and am thinking of going into lotion and soap for a couple resons. Sounds fun. The Lotion and soap lady of our shop just moved out. And I am a Civil War Reenactor so I thought I could make it for that as well. Or I may just be crazy. We may be getting some goat's if we stay at the property we are currently at to help with our blackberry nightmare....so I thought well...goat's milk is good! and really with all my spare time why not learn about that too:)
Kristina

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Welcome!

I'm just learning to sew. I'll probably bother you a lot with questions. *laughs*

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Our goats are working on our blackberry nightmare and actually making a huge dent!

Welcome from one state North, I'm just above Portland in WA state.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome

Sounds like you are well on your way to being ss!

I really want to try to make soap too, but I am REALLY nervous about it!

Several people on here make goat's milk soap, and I'm sure you could get lots of help and encouragement!

I love to sew, but have a bit of a Picasso approach - nothing lines up or looks even! :gig

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm up in Springfield. If you get goats, I might ask to rent them for a day for my yard. :D I don't have enough forage to keep any permanently, but they could help a ton for a day or two, I think. Maybe that could be a side business... :D I can see it now... seamstress and goat rental.

Anyway, I love the blackberries in my yard, and the grapes, and the rose hips, etc. So much more to forage in the yard here than where I came from. But adjusting to the climate has been interesting.

Hope you like it on the board, I've found it extremely useful.

krisac

Power Conserver
Reaction score
to abifae, feel free to bother me about sewing. Just remember. to me sewing is all basically straight lines. even on a curve you are following a straight line.
Kristina

krisac

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love having "some" of my blackberries. When my dogs lost their backyard and my horse lost her round pen it was a bit much. But that's what you get for living on a 100 year old house that used to be a berry farm. I do love my apple trees, pear tree, hazelnut trees, My Lilac's are amazing. The Cherry tree had to go when it grew so big it came down over the driveway and took out my car. I also have an 800 year old maple in the front yard. Our downside is we rent. The owner needs to sell, so we need to find someone who wants to buy it as an investment property who will let us stay here. the price is amazing...but so far no luck.
Kristina

Latest posts