Newbie from pa

Missa@#5252

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi everyone I live in Berks county pa I have about a quarter acre to work with so far I have chickens and it's been a blast with them I have a black sex link 5 Asian backs 2 California whites and 10 Easter Egger's so far I'd like to learn better ways to grow my veggies so far it's just a small area I use I use my chicken stuff for fertilizer and make better use of my yard

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome! Many of us put our general location and/or growing zone in our profiles, so it always shows up. That makes it easier when comparing growing conditions and climates! We like photos! I'd love to see your garden area! You'll find a lot of useful information here.

Missa@#5252

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks I do have alot to learn I went to an agriculture high school so there's a little I remember where I'm at in pa it's been mild 40s and50s during the day more rain than snow too

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi everyone I live in Berks county pa I have about a quarter acre to work with so far I have chickens and it's been a blast with them I have a black sex link 5 Asian backs 2 California whites and 10 Easter Egger's so far I'd like to learn better ways to grow my veggies so far it's just a small area I use I use my chicken stuff for fertilizer and make better use of my yard
Welcome!! Its not bad having a small area to start with the plants. and a good idea on using your chicken manure as fertiliser... Hope to hear from you more.. 😁😁