Newbie from pa

Missa@#5252

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
*waves hello from mid-Michigan* :) a quarter acre is plenty enough to keep anyone busy.

what are you planning on growing?
I m not sure yet tomatoes and string beans for starters but I have to figure it out soon where I live our last frost is by I think mid April it's why I like where I'm at in pa we can put our plants out by the end of April or early may

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
*waves hello from mid-Michigan* :) a quarter acre is plenty enough to keep anyone busy.

what are you planning on growing?
Hello from the Philippines!! I really like plants that they say very difficult to handle.. so I'm planning to grow avocadoes and prove them it's not that difficult.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I also like a gardening challenge. It keeps the "hobby" fresh for me. If I can't turn any hobby into a brain stretching experience, I quickly loose interest in it.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Its really a challenge. but its very fruitful too. once you get the hang of it. its really pretty easy.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi everyone I live in Berks county pa I have about a quarter acre to work with so far I have chickens and it's been a blast with them I have a black sex link 5 Asian backs 2 California whites and 10 Easter Egger's so far I'd like to learn better ways to grow my veggies so far it's just a small area I use I use my chicken stuff for fertilizer and make better use of my yard
Hello and welcome to the forums... I have a lot of new plants in mind... The problem is seeds... hahaha.. I have a friend back in the U.S. He usually brings me seeds to grow.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi everyone I live in Berks county pa I have about a quarter acre to work with so far I have chickens and it's been a blast with them I have a black sex link 5 Asian backs 2 California whites and 10 Easter Egger's so far I'd like to learn better ways to grow my veggies so far it's just a small area I use I use my chicken stuff for fertilizer and make better use of my yard
Welcome to the forums!! :welcomeWow, I haven't heard of those breeds yet... I bet they're unique, I hope you can send pictures so I can see what they look like. :eek::eek::eek:

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums. Yes, I agree, that how farms really work. we need to make use of everything in our surroundings...

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums, I hope you can share all your experiences with us. we here at :welcome learn a lot from our experiences. Have a great day. :D:D:D

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

love it! you would be surprised what you can do in a small space and it makes it easier as far as I'm concerned. bees, rabbits, quail, chickens, ducks, gardens, even a couple fruit trees! waste not want not. compost is life!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
love it! you would be surprised what you can do in a small space and it makes it easier as far as I'm concerned. bees, rabbits, quail, chickens, ducks, gardens, even a couple fruit trees! waste not want not. compost is life!
Welcome to the forums, It's just great to know people have great capabilities to do such magnificent things. Kudos to you and I hope we can hear more from you.

Latest posts