Newbie here!

Jubilee101.com

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to offer a brief introduction about me and my family. My name is Scott Root. I currently live in Colorado (since last August) with my amazing wife and partner for the past 22 years - Donna. We are blessed with 2 wonderful children (adults now) - Scotty 22yrs and Kaytee 21yrs. We previously spent the past 12 years in the beautiful but wet (for 9 months in winter) Willamette Valley in Western Oregon. I have had a potpourri of occupations in my life from contractor to home builder to electrician to network technician to my current stint as a landscaper working with my wife, Donna. We have kept a keen eye on the economic and social direction of this country (and the world) for the past 10 years or so and are very aware of the precarious nature of our current system. A serious hobby of mine has been gathering information - both educational and instructional - which pertains to simple living skills as well as lots of other good useful information. We currently live in the city on 1/2 acre and are looking to add another acre to that. We have lived in the country in the past but have also realized that Urban self-sufficiency can also be a reality. I am glad to have found this forum and am looking forward to sharing knowledge with others - and a few good laughs as well.

Scott

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome

Love that you've jumped into the conversation with both feet, please keep posting and let us know more about what you are up to :)

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi, Scott. Welcome. :frow

Yeah, you'll be a great addition here. Happy to hear about your background with construction, electrical, etc.

If you have projects you feel like sharing that relate to buildings, shop-made things, yard/garden layout, favorite techniques, machinery, re-purposing ideas, anything like that please post (and accompanying pics are enjoyed and useful). Along these lines, you may enjoy our archives in the Do-It-Yourself and Tool Shed subforums.

Again, welcome.