NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She needs something. She hurt my other dog last night and she got a talking to from DH . The other dog was limping pretty bad and then just wanted to cuddle with me. Poor guy.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh - hope she can calm down. Do you think she's still not adjusted from all the change and the new place? or has she always been that way?

Gracie ticked me off tonight - and that's pretty unusual. I had an upside down chicken in my hands because it had a string wrapped around it's leg. I was holding it 'feet up - head down' so I could work on the leg when Gracie thought it would be ok to grab said chicken by the head.... grrrrrr! She got quite a "talking to" from me. That dog!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Grr Gracie, not cool!

Nah, she's Always been this way. She has issues. She is so impulsive and reactive. When she gets overexcited she'll grab Lui's collar or leg and this time she hurt his leg. He's getting older and I'm getting madder! She needs a zap collar.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well it hit -14 last night. Happy we're in the new house, would have woken up to frozen pipes in the old one!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A behavior collar may be just what she needs. I used one with my prey driven dog after spending months working with her to teach her to "leave it" where chickens were concerned. I had it on vibrate mode, and it only took 2 corrections. She has since forgotten that lesson. After a winter with the chickens penned up, she needed a refresher the next spring, but the collar broke. Need to buy a new one.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well it hit -14 last night. Happy we're in the new house, would have woken up to frozen pipes in the old one!
Holy (freezing) Cow!!

However, so that you don't feel so left out in the cold we are supposed to get a good freeze this weekend with wind chills in the teens....brrrrrrr. And, Cameo should be due around that time.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
If it's in the budget, an aluminum kennel is chew-proof. They're built for containing power agitated dogs (like police K9s, etc). Might end up costing less than continued dental work. I feel your frustration! I had a dog that chewed her way out of crates. Was a disaster on her teeth! She ended up in a cage bank kennel - solid stainless steel on 5 sides and a formidable solid stainless mesh on the front.

I'm surprised your weather is so cold (erm, normal). We're getting mild weather. The system that dumped snow on you gave use a weekend in the low 40's. We're at 30 degrees and freezing rain. So much ice! Our neighbor's driveway is, effectively, a skating rink. Most of our part of the driveway is higher and less-icy.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check them out!

Patty is getting an udder! Yayyy! Gotta CDT her, and get the stall ready. Dig out the heat lamp and kidding supplies. Yay babies!

We're forecasted for a huge storm this week. I saw maybe 1-2'. Yes feet. Hope they're wrong.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ummm.... bad goat mama here, I don't have a date lol. But anytime in February, I think. Barely getting an udder but definitely a little something.

Latest posts