NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL - that's funny! How big ARE they?

I built a "cage" out of heavy duty horse panels (2 x 4 openings) once that fit perfectly in between the wheel wells on my truck. I wired it all together and supplemented that with brass snaps. Put some plywood on the bottom (cuz I even wired a panel on the bottom just to make it sturdier) and bedded it deep with hay. That's how my first Guinea hogs got home. Course the people that owned 'em already had 'em up in the back of their truck when I got there and we just backed the two trucks together and made the transfer.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He is waiting to hear sizes but they're adults so probably 200? That sounds like a good way, too bad his truck isn't running yet lol! And he's been using his boss' extra truck (just to go to and from work) and that broke down today! Sheesh!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He has a buddy that owes him. Not the one I hate, lol. One that's actually useful and has an extra truck and a horse trailer.

We're taking a leap of faith and not incubating turkey eggs. We're leaving them alone and one of them better go broody! And soon! We have too much chicken-ing going on to take a month to do turkey eggs. And it's getting late to have Thanksgiving turkeys so we'll let them do their thing and if June comes and they haven't, I'll order a couple BB whites and have Thanksgiving dinner at least.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh so, milk machine is working much better! Getting over a half gallon a day (with kids still on, and milking once a day. Kids are pulled for 10-12 hours). Mimosa is getting to be pretty good on the stand! Bellini is not, lol. But she's going to get over it! This weekend we'll do CDT shots and wether the buckling.

DH is so busy right now. He's working full time for one guy and has two others who he works for part time, when he can. We're hoping to pay off my car ASAP and maybe even get ahead enough that he can take a lot of the winter off (there will be some work and he might make snow a little here and there for fun). And we need to so some work on the house, we have some leaky windows in the living room that have caused some water damage. So he's making a bump out greenhouse window of sorts. It'll be cool!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not a thing. He wanted them to go this weekend if possible because he was having surgery next week. But haven't heard from him...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow major thunder and downpour just now and there goes our power. Ugh.