NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't wait to eat one of them now that my appetite is returning, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yum! I still need to butcher/sell/hide/giveaway a few more...Thank goodness for electric fences so the population is staying under control now. But, I think I still have 10 or a few more. I refuse to count. At least they're finding stuff in the pasture to munch on and sometimes don't even come up begging.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's good, we still have nothing they can eat so they're grain and hay hounds. 10 isn't bad, what're you trying to get down to? I'm hoping DH gets down to 1 boar, 1 sow, and whatever is being raised for meat. Pigs are not cheap when you have 5+ months of snow, and we do not have enough land fenced in for them to not be destructive. Working on that but still... he is keeping his chicken numbers low so let's hope he does the same with pigs! Lol.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Where are you? Do we need to send out a search party? LOL LOL We are missing you and are waiting for an update!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Howdy friends, wow my phone does not like the new format...

Anyway, lots of changes up here. Had the baby in September. He's 3 months old now, eek! DD2 will be 2 in January! Time flies!

SS wise, we got rid of the goats and chickens for now so we are down to just the sheep (got 2 more so there are 4 now) and pigs. I didn't have time to milk and DD2 has milk intolerance issues so it didnt make sense. I found a really lovely home for the last few goats so I'm happy with that.

We got a hydroponic garden a few weeks ago. We have starts just about ready to go into the big garden, then I'll have all kinds of gardening updates.

Ok going to go see what's new with everyone...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
yay! so happy to hear from you! you sound busy!

• I'm healthier than usual
  • I have been sewing clothing for myself.
  • My budget exploded and I need to reel it in
  • Sloooooowly losing weight
  • Butchered all the chickens, sold more sheep
  • Sheep are bred, no breeding accidents this year, thank goodness!
  • Harvested venison and lamb, freezers are full
  • Seed catalogs arriving in the mail!
  • DS12 is doing more 4H

Latest posts