NH Homesteader's journal

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I normally am not one to pay for convenience, but the grocery store I use just started a pickup service. You order online, set a time and show up, they shop for you and bring your groceries to the car and you pay right at the car. Amaaaaazing lol! Grocery shopping in 5 minutes and I get to keep the kids in their car seats? Yup I'm sold! Just got home from the shortest shopping trip ever, I'm psyched lol. Not very SS but it made my day.

DH got 3 roasters butchered, put 2 in the freezer. Our friend took the other one to brine it and will bring it back down to smoke and have a feast this weekend. Guess I should have planned sides before I went shopping. Oh well.

I'm saving my seed catalogs for the after Christmas slump, I get mopey every year after Christmas is over and it's just plain winter. Planning the garden will help (a little!)

i'm sure that the less time you spend in the store with children the less you'll spend even if the service costs you some $ it might really end up being a savings anyways. i mean, like i know certain people that if you give them a list they'll get the list, but they'll also get a bunch of other things too. me, i go to the store, i'm like in and out and only those things i go for are usually what i get. it takes something pretty special to get me off track.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ha this is true! I do spend a lot less when I don't have the oldest kiddo with me. The 2 year old hasn't learned that game yet, lol

It's cold! Of course the one day I have somewhere to be first thing in the morning (dentist appointment), it's ridiculously cold out! This is DH's first time having all 3 kids. It'll probably be about an hour... think he'll survive?😂

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I work food demos most weekends at WalMart. Let me tell you, a LOT of people use the online grocery shopping!!! Now, with Christmas, the online shopping includes those things also.....some in store selections and some ordered, shipped in an fast pickup.

It's great for those with children and with jobs...stop on way home, done in 10 min. You can save if you are an impulse buyer -- NO impulse from your car :D Our equipment is in the same back area as the storage/coolers for these shoppers. Couple hundred shoppers a day for pick-ups.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My tooth is fixed (but where they gave me the shot hurts as the numbness wears off, ouch). Everyone's alive. It was-2 when I left, 5 degrees on my way home. Brr!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's awesome, I may have to adopt that rule someday. For now I'm lucky, DD1 is 7 and fairly rational, DD2 is 2 (will be in a few weeks anyway) and sits in the cart, and DS is content in a baby carrier. I time my trips so DS sleeps through the store!

It's been cold. I hate it. Every winter I hate winter more! DH is in a 2 year training program at his job and after that I'm going to bug him about moving again! We've researched homeschooling laws, gun laws, weather and taxes and it's Tennessee or Virginia if anywhere. Ah a girl can daydream right? Sigh.

Latest posts