Nifty little hand crank washing machine Groupon!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's kinda cool :) I'd never be able to keep up with the wash with one of those though.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
While it wouldn't be practical for a family, I'm wanting something like that for out at the farm. And, I'm sure they're also great in an extended power outage.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I always worry about how long something like that would last even with only minimal use. Things are made with plastics nowadays that do not last very long at all and easily break. While the idea is probably a very good one, I have considered getting something like that for myself in the event of a difficult situation or keeping in my camper trailer but I still think I would have to know what it's made of.
There has been a small portable washing container type application on the market for some years, and I've often thought about getting one of those. Again I just don't know what they're made of.
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Doc and I ooohed and aaahed over that when we first moved out here and then quickly got into the frame of mind as Icu as far as just how long would it actually last with us regularly using it.

We're seriously thinking along the the lines of this, since it doesn't need electric and you should hear the family laughing at us! :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Doc and I ooohed and aaahed over that when we first moved out here and then quickly got into the frame of mind as Icu as far as just how long would it actually last with us regularly using it.

We're seriously thinking along the the lines of this, since it doesn't need electric and you should hear the family laughing at us! :lol:
Have a long power outage and see who's still laughing.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dawn 419... Our horse shoer is off-grid and they got that from lheamans many years ago. They don't use it anymore (his wife works in town and she takes their laundry to the laundromat) becouse now that she works she doesn't have time to do laundry by hand. I have been trying to talk him into selling it to me. Along with the old pony wagon that hasent been used in @ 10 years.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Have a long power outage and see who's still laughing.
Exactly, Deb! :lol:

Got my :fl that you can talk them into buying both the washer and the wagon, ff6! :hugs

Whenever we go anywhere, doc is driving and I'm reconning..."Oh, look! There's our wringer washer! Oh look, there's our old wood cook stove!". I think I drive him batty, sometimes, but he hasn't complained yet! :lol:

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:

I really wanted one of those, or the two basin one, but they are just so cost prohibitive :/ Keep finding other, higher priority things to do with any money I save towards it :p

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yah he keeps telling me "ya know we dont use it anymore..". the pony waggon is very cute- it looks like a mini buckboard. we would have to find a mini pony... but people have been giving them away here off and on. he even has a harness.

i wonder if they make a mini plow and if a mini could plow the garden? i might think so as long as they wernt breaking sod. ground that has been worked like the garden might be do-able, ya think?

and the wagon and harness is for a larger mini- not the tiny ones.

think i might work harder on him.