No Parent Left Behind (I laughed till I cried)

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
The sad part is, some teachers aren't much better.:rolleyes:

DetentionNote.jpg

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Now now- some of us are definitely spelling impaired- and typing impaired too.
I have a dictionary sitting next to the computer - no spell check on my old, limited memory machine.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
My mother and grandmother both retired after teaching many years and I have the utmost respect for the work that teachers do. However, as in any profession, there are some that should have chosen another walk in life.

My son's first grade teacher moved to our area (southeast Louisiana) right out of college. She had an attitude about her, to say the least, and seemed to think that she was doing the school system area a favor by working there.

One day she came into my mother's class and asked her if she could borrow a globe of Louisiana. Mom thought that she had mis-spoke and handed her a map. She handed it back and stated that she wanted a GLOBE, "you know, it's a map that is shaped like a ball".

Another time when my wife was in the teacher's lounge (my wife substituted), a teacher mentioned that she was going to Hawaii on her honeymoon. The Chicago teacher asked if they planned on driving. When the first teacher replied that they couldn't drive there and were flying, Ms. Chicago asked, "Oh, what country is Hawaii in, anyway?"

Louisiana isn't known for it's great educational system, but at least they had the sense to not have her return the following year.

Edited because I can't spell or type that great either!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OMGoshhh I would be livid if I got a note like that, and my parents would never allow me to go to detention for correcting a teacher. Heck I don't even mind questioning my college professors sometimes. How dare that teacher! And that doesn't show a disregard for authority it shows a student who truly cared about the quality of his education.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My youngest is a brilliant, albeit extremely lazy person, who does math in his head and has from a young age. He doesn't like to "do the work" involved in working out a problem and so just puts down the answers.

Well, as you can imagine, teachers hate this and insist on him showing his work. We've had conferences to this effect and, being a little like my son myself, I questioned why this has to be done. She replied so that, if he gets any wrong, they can see where he made a mistake and review the problem...which is fair, IMO, but my son doesn't work out a problem like most of us would, as his mind works in unconventional ways.

She also complained to me about an incident where she marked one of his answers wrong and he had the audacity to correct her. The answer was correct and hers was wrong, but she still would not capitulate because he didn't show his work. She didn't feel that a 6 th grader should argue a point with a teacher. He didn't actually argue, just brought it to her attention.

I had to explain to her that I've always taught him to stand up for what is right and, unfortunately, he was right in this case. She was NOT pleased!

During their time together he found many more of her mistakes and quietly pointed them out to her, in the cases where she had marked his papers wrong. I never heard anymore complaints about the subject! :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Now, in this neck of the woods, #20 just may not be a typo or misspelling! ;)
:ep That was bad!! :gig