NO SS NOTIFICATIONS

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi all!

I PM'd this to Nifty but he has asked me to post the question since it might help some other members in the future.

Can someone please help a poor old Hillbilly out?

I do not get any kind of notification that I have a new PM, post, etc. I have checked my profile but don't see anywhere to turn on pop-up notification or email notification. I have made sure my email address is correct, etc.

Am I overlooking something?

Thank you,

Tom

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
If I have a PM I see a message at the top of the screen. If I've subscribed to a thread I get an email if there's a new post on it but I don't get any notification on the SS site itself. I will send you a PM to see if you get a notification at the top. I hope this helps!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
navajo001 said:
Hi all!

I PM'd this to Nifty but he has asked me to post the question since it might help some other members in the future.

I do not get any kind of notification that I have a new PM, post, etc. I have checked my profile but don't see anywhere to turn on pop-up notification or email notification. I have made sure my email address is correct, etc.

Thank you,

Tom
Nifty told me the other day that it is not an option on SS yet :idunno

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
navajo001 said:
Hi all!

Thank you,

Tom
Hmmm.

Henrietta, you say you get a message at the top of the screen when you get a PM?

This is odd.

Tom

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
navajo001 said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
navajo001 said:
Hi all!

Thank you,

Tom
Hmmm.

Henrietta, you say you get a message at the top of the screen when you get a PM?

This is odd.

Tom
I do. How did you know that I sent you a PM if you're not seeing a message? Did you just click on messages because I told you I would send one? :idunno I'm stumped! I searched around My Profile to see if there was something I clicked to select that option but couldn't find a thing.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
All of us get the alert at the top of the page, but none of use get the email alert.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
All of us get the alert at the top of the page, but none of use get the email alert.
But Navajo doesn't seem to be getting the alert for PMs.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OK, NOW everything seems to have started working. I just went into my profile and made a small change to an unrelated area and saved it.

Must have just been hung or something?

You guys are awesome for jumping on this so soon!

Thank you!

Oh, and yes, Henrietta, i had just clicked on Messages to see if i had anything as I have been annoying Freem for a couple days! :lol

Thank you, it must have been all the positive energy from you that made it kick start!

Tom