not how i would design a survival shelter

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
this company is building large bunkers for the end of the world. now, i'm not a doomsdayer, so i'm sure i'm not the best person to ask how a survival shelter should be built, but in case someone ever wondered, this isn't what i would pick.

vivos2.jpg

you can see the virtual tour here.

it's just kinda strange that they think people want to escape from the end of the world into a strange hotel convention center/summer camp (what's with all the bunk beds?). i mean, where's the homeyness? and why is the kitchen TINY but there are 800 places to watch tv? AND why do they need a special room with a dentist's chair? i mean, how likely is it that you are going to be holed up with a dentist? and why can't he use a regular chair? i mean, the world has just ended and you're worried about a dentist's chair?

just weird. i mean, not living in a bunker, that makes sense if the world ends. but this version of bunker living is super strange.

eta: don't you love the ominous music in the video?

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh, i also forgot: what's up with the banker's vault? what good is amassed riches when the world ends? and even if you do decide to stash you cash in a big vault, what the heck do you need a banking counter for!?!?!?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I'll be the first in line for such an attrractive way of living :rolleyes:
NOT :tongue

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Looks like they are expecting a lot of people to live down there together. Not sure I would want to go for that.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yeah, 200 people to a pod type thingy. and somehow all these pods, spread out across the country, are supposedly going to be linked together....

riiiiiight.

redux

Off to other pastures
Reaction score
I don't want to survive the end of the world, anyway. Especially if I have to live in a pod under the earth.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yeah, people are doing some seriously cool things with shipping containers.

i loved this one. then i noticed it was from New Zealand. figures- the kiwis totally have living the good (and sustainable) life figured out! god i wish i still lived there... in one of these.

port-a-bach-side-lg.jpg

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score