now I know why people dont go to college(updated 1/10)

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have decided to go back to school after 25 years........I filled out the fafsa papewrwork and got sent in with a reply that I was eligable for finacial aid, :celebrate I was so all excited.....I got some papers in the mail from the college I am planing on attending stating the papers and things I need to to to complete my registration process.......so I called to make sure what I need(you know kinda slow here)the nice lady in the admissions department said ALL WE NEED IS YOUR TRANSCRIPT FROM HIGHT SCHOOL..........I brought them to her and personally hand delivered it to her........registration was yesterday(1/5) so I called to make sure what times they were going to be there and how long I should ecpect to be there,the nice lady again in admissions(same lady) 8-7 AND ABOUT 2-3 HOURS........ :celebrate cool I can work all day and still get there in time to get registered.........I get there go to the admission office the nice lady(different lady) gave me some paperwork and sent me to an advisor in another building,the nice man put me in several classes stating THEY ARE GOOD TEACHERS FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVENT BEEN IN SCOOL FOR AWHILE......cool thats just what my remedial self needs,Im thinking the he sends my to finacial aid department......I wait in line 45 minutes(still doing good on time as fas the 2-3 hour window goes) the nice lady calls my name and I step to the counter,she asked for my ID number and says how can HOW CAN I HELP YOU? this is where the problem starts.she gets on her computer looking and grabbing papers putting them in a pile the wirting things down etc. the turns to me and says,WE NEED THESE PAPERS FILLED OUT AND BROUGHT BACK TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION :somad
I told her the nice lady in admissions told me that everthing was ready to go she said MABY ADMISSIONS IS DONE BUT THIS IS FINACIAL AID NEEDS FOR THAT OBAMAS FRIENDS NEED.so I left and came home and took the day off to take the necessary paperwork to them.......sign in and wait 30 minutes the nice lady(different lady in finance office) calls my name and HOW CAN I HELP YOU? I tell her what I need and I give the papers she gets on her computer and says THIS E???(cant remember) NUMBER HAS CHANGED FROM THE TIME YOU DID THE FAFSA UNTIL NOW AND HAS GONE UP WITH THAT I CANT FINISH GETTING YOU IN THE SYSTEM TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION,NOW IF THE E??? HAD DROPPED IT WOULDNT BE A PROBLEM AND SHE COULD CONTINUE,HOWEVER I CAN T COMPLETE THE PROCESS UNTIL SHE(guess her supervisor)UPDATES THE DATA ON MONDAY :somad I just walked out and have to wait until monday and waste another trip :somad

well I finally did it..........I am a college student,complete with books,parking pass AND a student ID :weee

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol:
the laugh is I feel your pain.

ANYTHING worth while is a hassle. YOU hold that course. You get into that school. More power to you.

any paperwork is a nightmare. IT truly is all ok. you know deep in your heart you expected this paperwork nightmare LOL

I would have but SURE, the minute "what I kinda thought would happen, did"---I would rant also.

hang in there!!!! it is all good!!! move forward even thru the red tape paperwork.

ah, we all been there in that kinda mess! :)

SO WHAT are you going back for!!!!??

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
When I went back to school, I didn't qualify for financial aid, so I was spared that head ache. My problem came when I transferred from the 2 year county college to a 4 year college. While they took my credits w/no problem, finding out what I needed and what classes were still opened was a nightmare! Basically, if you transferred in, you got what was left. It took me all day to finally get a schedule I could handle.

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
SO WHAT are you going back for!!!!??
Special education teacher

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
there sure is a need and you are aiming for something very rewarding! cool

hope it all works well for you!!!!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hang in there!! It will be worth it!!

DS#1 has now applied for two jobs that he had to fill out a specific application, all kinds of other forms, crapola...and get this - Just to get an invitation to actually apply for the job!! Redundacy seems to be the wave of the future.

So jump through all the hoops, knowing that it's all one step at a time towards your goals. And congrats on taking the steps!

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
update in OP

Tatter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm so happy to be retired and DONE DONE DONE with college...I think I lost more hair in my college days because of all the flipping b.s. than anything else. Now I'll let the "kids" go through the same b.s. as I did and feel for them, instead of having to deal with all the crap to begin with :) I hope you enjoy your courses!