Now on the history channel

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Surviving Armaggedon. It starts with a pandemic that kills off whatever % of the population and follows this one family as they try to become SS all at once. I have my SO watching it and thinking about things. :D

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:hit crap, that channel and like two others are the only thing I miss about not having cable.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I watched this a while back. It is interesting and does depict a lot of what may happen, but as with all shows that I've seen of this type, there was some "artistic license" and not so subtle social commentary. Overall, it's worth watching, even if it's only to get you thinking about what you would need to do in a similar situation.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
I watched this a while back. It is interesting and does depict a lot of what may happen, but as with all shows that I've seen of this type, there was some "artistic license" and not so subtle social commentary. Overall, it's worth watching, even if it's only to get you thinking about what you would need to do in a similar situation.
Mark, I would agree with your assessment.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What a wake-up call to learn about herbal medicine.... off to find a book I know I have on medicinal herbs (that I've never even looked at!).

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I have to say, it got my SO looking a bit differently about some of the things I am interested in. And our conversation was interesting. I now realize why she doesn't think about this sort of thing- she had her thyroid irradiated for hyperthyroid about 20 years ago and lives on synthroid. Anything that interrupts our pharmacy system would be her death within a certain amount of time. I suppose it is time for me to start figuring out how to harvest thyroid glands from butchered animals and figure out a dosage system. :(

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OMG, my productivity just plummeted. Seriously, this is the closest they've come to my dream reality show (so far).