Nuts! Banded ones have not fallen off

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
So we banded our bucklings and it has been two weeks. They feel shriveled, dry and cold but are still there, but it feels like they are stuck together? Or perhaps each buckling has had one fall off, but it feels like the two are stuck together.

Is this normal sounding? They are running around, eating and playing normal.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had a rabbit like that. The tissue was dead, I cut it off right below the band. I left the band on for a day or 2 and then pulled the band off. Healed beautifully.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think it can take up to a month to fall off. I believe sometimes they have to be banded again. I don't have tons of experience with it though since any boys that I have banded have gone to their new homes shortly after. But I haven't had anyone call me so I'm guessing all was well.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd just leave it be. If they are going to new homes soon you can check it the day before and see if you need to 'help' them off.

Chances are what you are feeling/seeing isn't just one half, it's both that have now dried and fused together

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
glenolam said:
I'd just leave it be. If they are going to new homes soon you can check it the day before and see if you need to 'help' them off.

Chances are what you are feeling/seeing isn't just one half, it's both that have now dried and fused together
That is exactly what it feels like.

I did not get any bites on my ad this week. So they will be here for a while longer at least.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Another goat pervert! :duc
I was afraid to post photos for this reason. Shriveled goat balls just....:sick

Hubby cannot stomach looking at them or touching them, despite performing the deed. He shudders and turns pale every time I bring it up. I told him it was just like his "V" surgery and he shudders again and says, "that is what I'm afraid of!" :lol:

I think the thought of shriveled testicles is just too much for him. :ep

Dirk Chesterfield

Power Conserver
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I was walking funny for about an hour after reading this thread. Must be sympathy pains. LOL
:lol:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Dirk Chesterfield said:
savingdogs said:
I was walking funny for about an hour after reading this thread. Must be sympathy pains. LOL
:lol:
I had to read that to Hubby, too funny. :lol:

The baby goats have my every sympathy, really! :hide