\o/

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a truly spectacular, amazing, wonderful, beautiful day, Almighty God had made today. I couldn't dream of a more perfect day to be alive, than today, right here, right now. So perfect and amazing that just about takes my breath away, puts a spring in my step and makes me feel like I'm floating on air.

Thank You Almighty God!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We were looking at a refi on our house in North Carolina, since rates are so low right now. I bought the house dirt cheap as a fixer upper 21 years ago and I fixed her up, over the course of 8 years. We moved out of the house 7 years ago and I've been renting it out the last several years.

As part of the refi process you need an appraisal. Well the appraisal came in today and I was utterly shocked that it came in so high. So high as a matter of fact, I called the appraiser and asked if there was some mistake? No mistake, was the answer I received. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the appraisal value, honestly, but I've now come to accept it.

So I was left scratching my head on what to do... And having a big conversation with my wife on what to do now? Where do I turn when I don't know the answer? Where else but to Almighty God. So ofcourse I prayed through my Savior and Interceder, My Lord Jesus Christ.

So now we are trusting the Lord and putting the house on the market, for a significant amount less than the appraisal value as My Lord said "Sell and don't be greedy" 🙏 Yes Sir, that's exactly what I will do. Thank You so much ❤️

After prayer, I sat down with my wife and we did some numbers. I was amazed based on the appraisal price vers the buying price how much value the house produced every year, talking about a huge return on investment, wow :oops: My wife and I came upon a asking and lowest accepted price we thought was way more than fair and not being greedy at all.

My wife almost started crying and said you know that's my dream house. I said I know hunny and you lived in your dream house for a long time too. But we will never move back there, so now it'll become someone else's dream house. Then she smiled real big and I knew she was going to be OK with the decision.

My faith tells me, my Lord will bless the buyer of the house and He already knows who the buyer is. I can be pretty certain it won't be on the market very long either, not at the price we are putting it on the market for, anyways.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Creal, you know what? You've married a wonderful woman. You know what else? I know that I know how much you appreciate her. Both of you have been blessed.

I LOVE my Wife 😍 just the same as when I married her, we've been married 36,000 years and that's a l o n g time 😂. To her credit though, she really does make it easy for me to love her.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My neighbor from our other house showed up with truck, trailer, tractor and pto box tiller this afternoon. He said where's the garden going? He tilled up what my neighbor plowed for us last fall. After he was done, we sat and talked for a while over a nice cold homebrew. He wouldn't take a red cent. I'm surrounded by such good hearted people.

Now the fun begins, still to early to set out tomatoes and peppers for zone 7 but I'll start sowing half of 110x210 ft garden. I'm only doing true 100x100 rows though with plenty of room to turn my roto tiller at the ends of the rows. The chickens are going in the other 100x100 with a coop in the middle at the head of the garden. That way, I can alternate the garden and chickens every year (free fertilizer for next year's garden :).

I'm just enjoying life, so much. No better time to be alive, than right here, right now. 🙏 ❤️ 🇺🇸

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My neighbor from our other house showed up with truck, trailer, tractor and pto box tiller this afternoon. He said where's the garden going? He tilled up what my neighbor plowed for us last fall. After he was done, we sat and talked for a while over a nice cold homebrew. He wouldn't take a red cent. I'm surrounded by such good hearted people.

Now the fun begins, still to early to set out tomatoes and peppers for zone 7 but I'll start sowing half of 110x210 ft garden. I'm only doing true 100x100 rows though with plenty of room to turn my roto tiller at the ends of the rows. The chickens are going in the other 100x100 with a coop in the middle at the head of the garden. That way, I can alternate the garden and chickens every year (free fertilizer for next year's garden :).

I'm just enjoying life, so much. No better time to be alive, than right here, right now. 🙏 ❤️ 🇺🇸
We used to do something similar when we lived in CA- had a bit more room there. We had 3 plots- about 30 x30' each. Each plot followed the other in a three- way set up. Garden one year, then we ran pigs in it- to root up all the weeds and such, and then the third year it was allowed to go fallow and all the compostables were dumped there- animal litter, fruit falls, kitchen garbage- allowed the pig manure to get less hot that way. Then start over. His parents had been doing this for almost 30 years and when I moved in and took over the garden I almost wet myself at how beautiful the soil was. The rest of their property had adobe soil that you couldn't dig past about a foot no matter what, but in the garden I have dug 4 feet down and the soil was still soft and black, with enormous earthworms.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm so glad you have your current living situation. It sounds like a true paradise... as close as one can get to that in our current world situation!
I wanted to add this "meme" it could be a life changer to some.
IMG_20210414_091809_116.jpg

We used to do something similar when we lived in CA- had a bit more room there. We had 3 plots- about 30 x30' each. Each plot followed the other in a three- way set up. Garden one year, then we ran pigs in it- to root up all the weeds and such, and then the third year it was allowed to go fallow and all the compostables were dumped there- animal litter, fruit falls, kitchen garbage- allowed the pig manure to get less hot that way. Then start over. His parents had been doing this for almost 30 years and when I moved in and took over the garden I almost wet myself at how beautiful the soil was. The rest of their property had adobe soil that you couldn't dig past about a foot no matter what, but in the garden I have dug 4 feet down and the soil was still soft and black, with enormous earthworms.
You're encouragement 🤗 the garden is in what was a fenced pasture for decades according to my neighbor who grew up here. The cherry tree on the right and the mulberry on the left was the old fence row I took out. The soil looks nice and rich full of earth worms, I haven't got a soil sample. Hoping it's good for veggies the way it is without any amendments.
IMG_20210415_114444533_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are right, the right buyer will come along. And you know what? You wife will be happy that someone is going to love that house as much as she does.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are right, the right buyer will come along. And you know what? You wife will be happy that someone is going to love that house as much as she does.

Thanks Bay, It's out of my hands now. I signed and initialed all the documents.

Edit... Hard decision... Raised 10 of my 11 children in that house. Built a lot of furniture in the shop, sawed a lot of timber in the back yard. Had pool parties and made a lot of new really good hearted friends there. Church was all day and into the early evening on Sundays and Wednesday evenings.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Latest posts