oak park hates veggies

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would fight, one way or another.

We don't have a much of a HOA here, but I visited with the neighbors a few days ago, and was quizzed about why I removed the bush out in front of the house. I told her point blank that I considered it an ugly and useless plant, that I considered most landscaping plants ugly and useless, and that I would put in something useful, edible and just as if not more beautiful.

I am not a SQUARE, and I'm not COMMON, and I want everyone to know it. If they don't like that, they can...you know...do something rude and not suitable for mention here.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this should be fought. no one should truly tell you not to plant a veggie in the front yard....bad enough they don't want old car wrecks, rusted dryers and refrigs in the front yard :lol: but a mater plant?

this should be easy to fight I believe....the use of the word 'suitable' is so open I can't see them not winning and changing the zoning or policy.

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I also posted a link to my Facebook page asking that my friends there sign the petition too. If you have facebook pages, or feel like sending a few emails, you all might want to share the link.

Maggies Pop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thank you guys! If you have the time, they are requesting letters to be written to the mayor, city planner, etc. The link to their info is on her blog http://oakparkhatesveggies.wordpress.com/ You guys are awesome!

I just feel like this one woman's fight is a fight for us all. If one garden is taken, that opens the door to take everyone else's.

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It was immensely satisfying to go back today to look at the petition, and see that it had jumped from over 500 signatures to over 4,000 signatures OVERNIGHT! If it continues at this rate, they'll have they're 10K signatures in no time!

Latest posts