Odd one out urban farm- $25,000 fine for having animals in my yard!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
In our FINE town the police are really not interested in handling things like ... oh say minors smoking DRUGS on the front porch in front of their house. OR drug sales, drug manufacture, robbery, vandalism OR harassing neighbor situations. Those situations are way to worky. Better to save their energy for important stuff like writing up people who don't keep their grass under 10 inches or failure to stay under 35 on a 4 lane road at 1:00 am when no one else is on the road. :rant

It takes a WHOLE lot of documentation AND a lawyer to get much done around here.

BTW can you TELL I am a bit fed up? :rolleyes:

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Very busy time, summer has been a blast:) On the animal front, the bylaw guy saw my dog crates I let my rabbits graze in now given a warning that next time could lead to a $25grand fine yay me! Fight for chickens and rabbits is on, the councel seems 100% open ti backyard rabbits, atleast 75% for backyard chickens. Going to help with this cause and force ;) the city to allow the legal chickens to stay outside instead of inside. We did build our 6 foot fence hopefully no one calls again grrr. My garden is quite productive rigt now, kind of worried about my beets as they don't seem to be getting big, might not be enough sunlight. cuks and zuks and tomatos like crazy though:) Canning is also doing well this year, just wishing for a pressure canner.