OFF clip ons. Safer?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
What do you all think of them? Would you use one around your baby?

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
My neighbor bought some. He said they lasted a little while and then ended up giving them to us because the refills were expensive. We never did end up using them.

It's not in direct skin contact so I can't see that it would hurt unless it's really hot out and she gets a good sniff of the fumes or something. If she's in a carrier -could you just put mosquito netting over it?

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I make a bug spray from essential oils it is very effective and of course safe. :)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I woiod reccommend the thermocell. Not sure how it works, but it works. Hubby uses it for hunting. http://www.thermacell.com/mosquito-repellent . We also use Bugband bug spray-- it is the only herbal, non deet bug spray that we have found that works.
We have two of them and love them. Trouble with using them for berry picking, is the fact they have to be kept flat and level.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
My neighbor bought some. He said they lasted a little while and then ended up giving them to us because the refills were expensive. We never did end up using them.

It's not in direct skin contact so I can't see that it would hurt unless it's really hot out and she gets a good sniff of the fumes or something. If she's in a carrier -could you just put mosquito netting over it?
We do have bug shirts. Just looking for a less confining way to be crawling around in the woods, picking berries.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
miss_thenorth said:
I woiod reccommend the thermocell. Not sure how it works, but it works. Hubby uses it for hunting. http://www.thermacell.com/mosquito-repellent . We also use Bugband bug spray-- it is the only herbal, non deet bug spray that we have found that works.
We have two of them and love them. Trouble with using them for berry picking, is the fact they have to be kept flat and level.
Even the handheld ones? We use them as we are jostling around in the woods, seem effective for us. :idunno

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
miss_thenorth said:
Even the handheld ones? We use them as we are jostling around in the woods, seem effective for us. :idunno
From the instructions for the handhelds....
Do not attach appliance to your body or clothing. Place
appliance on a flat, stable surface with the grill facing
upward.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My Thermocel came with a holster to attach it to a belt. It seems to work pretty good but it makes my eyes burn and my nose run.