Official SS Poll - New Year New You...Resolution Time!

Pick one or pick a few, it's all up to YOU! Be sure to elaborate down below.

• Eat healthier

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Get in shape

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Declutter

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Help more

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Teach someone something

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Learn something new

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Fix something

• Volunteer

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Change nothing, I am perfect🙄

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (elaborate in comments)

• Total voters

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's almost a new year and guess what that means? Time to change something!

What can you change to make a better you?

First select an option in the poll above then tell us more about why you chose that option.

Anything is possible..

We want details. 🤓

2.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Eating well, getting in shape enables your body to do more. Declutter helps the mind

Details?
Low carb, walking, one tote at a time

Fixit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well under teach something. I have a friend's teenage son that wants to learn meat curing.
Under fix something it's kind of what I do . Alternators , starters and tools . But there is a new smokehouse and micro hydro project on next years list.
On volunteering. I volunteer with a group that gives food away to those that need it. Over 1 million lbs. this year we gave away this year . We hope to increase that next year. Did a load yesterday and one in the next town over today. We will repeat the same days same towns next week

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
most the same as this year, except i hope better in a few regards... :)

and a new cell phone - the landline just isn't working well enough any more.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Eating well, getting in shape enables your body to do more. Declutter helps the mind

Details?
Low carb, walking, one tote at a time
I have similar goals for similar reasons.

I need to improve consistency on fasting and eating. My digital stuff and photos are my biggest area of clutter.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mostly same. Declutter more. I'm slowly getting through the house.

Get my garden fence up. I have T-posts but waited too long as it's too cold now.

Finish getting the rusted screws out of the second hand greenhouse we bought and get it fully set up. Found the Break-free so will soak it in that and try before I resort to grinding them off the metal poles.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My other... I'm sick and tired of games. So my new years resolution is to cry, bitch, moan and complain and never be satisfied with anything, just as much, if not more than everyone else. And expecially if my beliefs are not recognized.

And if that don't work... Well

It's true, that God will smite the wicked, but I'm getting old and can't wait that long. So Satan get behind me, I've got to beat the hell out of some people 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Many years ago, I resolved to never make resolutions. However, these 2 thoughts are my life guide:

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And: If I am accused of being a Christian, I pray that there will be enough evidence to convict me.

If I do all things as unto Christ, then, I need no resolutions.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH and I usually go on a diet every New Year to lose the 10 pounds we gained after we went off the diet that we lost ten pounds on. :lol: We deny ourselves ice cream, pie, carbs, and all the good stuff that comes with calories. We suffer greatly, weigh carefully and at last! We get down to the desired weight and go for the ice cream! :yesss:

Rinse, repeat. :D :D:D :D:D :D

I have a goal of knee replacement surgery in the late summer or early fall. I will plant the garden, can, freeze and dehydrate the proceeds. I'll raise meat chickens, get them in the freezer, raise feeder pigs and get them in freezer. Then go get my knee surgery and have the winter to go to therapy and recover.

DH will be able to take care of horses, sheep, laying hens and dogs.

I want to learn new recipes. I made orange chicken a few weeks ago and it was awesome! Making potstickers tomorrow. I have a recipe for making corn tortillas from Painted Mountain corn that I grew. I want more recipes to use the vegetables and meat that I raise.

Covid 19 has been a wake up call for many. Seed companies ran out of seeds. Slaughter facilities got booked up and are booked into 2022. All of a sudden, everyone wants to be a farmer and raise something to eat. I congratulate these people and hope they stick with it. For me, it underscored why I garden and raise animals. Lockdown? We were happy right here on our farm doing what we always do. There were a few holes in my SHTF preparations.

I will save more seeds and try to keep varieties separate.
I will plant more diverse vegetables.
I will buy and keep a 3 year supply of canning lids. (buying all I can when I find them LOL)

We gave away a lot of vegetables, eggs and meat in 2020. Meat and eggs quantity is fixed, but I can increase the garden for 2021.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My stats (ya know... all that stuff they do at the yearly physical) keep getting worse... :rolleyes:

I am hoping to eat a tiny bit better, exercise a tiny bit more... tiny bits so I am less likely to give up, and more likely to keep working on improving. I really need to lose some weight. :rant:sick

I HAVE been improving in regards to reducing clutter in the house... since last fall, and I hope to keep that up.

I also REALLY want to force myself to plant a decent veggie garden this year... it has been years since I planted one.