Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?

What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?

• Make your own ______ (e.g. bread, laundry detergent, shampoo, etc.)

Votes: 43 68.3%
  • Maintain a vegetable / fruit garden

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • Raise my own livestock

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Use discount coupons

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Recycle / Repurpose

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • Buy at Thrift shops

Votes: 45 71.4%
  • Can / Preserve / Freeze your own

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Cook at home and avoid eating at restaurants

Votes: 55 87.3%
  • Others: (Please specify)

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It will be okay. Our income has been creeping up. So now it will be like when DH and I first met - except add a farm and an extra kid. We will manage fine - if I succeed at changing my habits.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
He is 41. He has patellofemoral pain syndrome. Actually both of us do, but mine is fairly well controlled through physical therapy and restorative exercise. He thinks physical therapy is stupid. :rant

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was working next to a Lowes today & on break wandered over to check out plants. Their blackberry & raspberry shoots were $10.98 EACH.
That's UGH! But, like you said - getting those free canes will more than cover the cost of that buckling! Great!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Peppers & tomatoes grow well in a big bucket, they can be set on a deck, patio, porch. May be just enough for fresh eating but, powerful good & productive -- as i'm sure you know. Plant a pot! :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Black Spanish & something else. Has heritage breeds, mostly...3 kinds? Hey, on Thksging Day it will all be good! If she finds where they are laying, she'll call me. Last one was kind enough to lay & hatch in barn. :) 7 adorable poults out there with her -- all spoken for. She sold another batch of 6 poults. But she's 65 miles away.....so better be a lot of them.
I'm good with 2.

Not as huge as he will get!!! Only 3 mos now. Couple hundred lbs grown. My current buck is that size also -- Nubian. I have 2 5th gen mini nub bucks I'll sell in summer. May keep the new 4th gen doelings. May not :idunno they are nice girls but, I like the full size to milk.