Offtopic pictures of things you love.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Demi Deb, what do you ride?

Today is going to be a beautiful day. But I have to work a 12 hour shift today. The company I work for is still starting up this factory and aren't fully staffed so I've been working half of second shift to make sure there's a millwright on hand.

So I'm riding to work instead of driving.

And in keeping with the thread. My momma and brothers are pretty cool and I love em. So.

065_zpspmigpe9t.jpg

Last edited:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I ride a Buell Blast. I'd really like to get something bigger, but just don't have the money for it. The Blast is only 492ccs. I've looked at both the Honda Shadow and the Harley Street 750. Either of them seem to be a good fit. Now if someone would only give me the money or the bike.

Reactions: CJ1

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's 2 wheels and a motor. If you're happy on it then great. A friend of mine rides a buel and loves it. I rode it once and it was fun. But I grew up on cruisers and bobbers. It's in my soul.

I ride a 72 shovelhead I found in pieces. Came to me as a 74 inch motor but I voted and stroked it to 80 inches and dumped a five speed tranny into it. And threw a s&s stage two carb on it. Changed up the sprockets and threw a hard tail on it.

All told the build cost me 7 grand including buying it. But it smokes rice rockets until I get into turns.

Last edited:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My problem is it's not that comfortable on longer rides. It's fine for running back and forth to the farm. It's also great for rounding up horses that get out. But I ride w/a group. And, if we go on longer rides, depending on where we go, I either don't go, end up caging it, or am hurting by the time we get there.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can understand that. My shovel isn't the most comfortable thing there is. On longer runs I'll generally just ride on the back of someone else's bike if my guy isn't there to take me. That hard tail will beat you up.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I found a picture from last year when I tried to get myself back into dancing (didn't work. Job kept getting in the way)FB_IMG_1466029073810.jpg . I'd been looking for it everywhere. By chance I was looking on an old phone and There it was.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I could probably do a split, but I would never get up again, and if I did, I would never be able to walk again!

Reactions: CJ1

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I try to stay limber. It helps with soreness after a long day at work. I'm not sure if I could do what I did in the picture now.

Ok checked, well I kinda can.

But I try to stretch well after I wake up and before I start working. I can definitely feel it at the end of the day if I don't.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So I managed to get a little time to draw the other day. So I did one of a picture of mom and dad. Thought I might share it with y'all.
20160713_101917.jpg

Latest posts