Oh my gosh! I fixed our clothes washing machine! Also, front loader?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Excellent! And since you can fit the kids in, you should really save on water, at least if they shower endlessly like my kids.

My mom's motto for life is "Everything is negotiable." Sound like you proved her right today :) Great deal!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm... we may have a snag. Emily was in charge of all the info for the rebates and didn't mention that the unit must be "new" to qualify. The guy at the store said it was new, but on the site I think it said it was refurbished. There's nothing on the receipt that says it is refurbished, so we'll still submit the rebates and see what happens.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I unplug my washer if it is not in use and I also turn off the power to the laundry area at the fuse box. I assume that would reduce the possibility of having a power surge/motherboard problem, yes?

My frontloader amazes me. I was skeptical you could clean clothes that well with so little water. And I can also hang dry my clothes on cooler days and still get them dry. :D I have found that as long as you are careful about balancing your load, the machine doesn't wobble around too much, even with full heavy loads.

Good luck, Nifty, with your rebate!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We bought a surge protector for it, no use taking chances, there have been some nasty power spikes on this street over the years (it's a main trunk line).

Awesome score, Rob, even if (just a slight if!) that rebate falls through! :thumbsup

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Getting that thing into the tight space was quite the task! It is going through the test rinse / spin cycle and so far so good. :D

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Update:

My wife finally posted our washing machine on CraigsList. I had her post it for $75 and add "30 Day Money Back Guarantee" to the title.

Woman just came and picked it up! WOOT!

So, I had a broken washer that would have cost about $50 to haul away, I put in $20 and about an hour (research and work) and sold it for $75.

:celebrate