oil pulling?

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It is, but you can either melt it before hand or melt it in your mouth. It takes hardly any heat to melt it.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
I don't know that I could handle having sunflower or seasame oil in my mouth for an extended period. Coconut oil might be all right, but I always thought it was solid at room temp...

I told my husband about it (poor hubby, he has problems with his teeth) and he made a face, but sorta seemed intrigued, too.

However, if the toothpaste that was mentioned can relieve sensitivity, I think I'm going to try and find that recipe! I am sugar sensitive, as well as sensitive to cold and heat.
Our bodies are not room temp ;)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Got it :cool:
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup baking soda
several drops stevia powder (to taste)
several drops your preference of essential oil (peppermint, wintergreen cinnamon) (to taste)
stir together until baking soda is blended with coconut oil. Allow to cool.

Not much is needed.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My hubby loves it, although we are at the bottom of the jar and the wintergreen flavour is running out. my kids use it too have not had crest withdrawals. It is cheaper, no chemicals and cancer causing agents in it, and it cleans wonderfully, and tastes great. and the beauty is you can make it as falvourful as you want. I seriously do not have any gum pain anymore, wher eit used to be sensitive to cold.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Get whatever flavour of essential oil you like. I bought winter green b/c hubby likes minty--me not so much but as far as minty goes, wintergreen wins. I would much prefer orange oil or cinnamon. WE are almost out, and I think next batch I will make cinnamon for me.