Ok, I'm no longer a ghost, Oops, guest.

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My first date with my wife, was to see the Matrix. We have, 5 hens, 3 cats, 1 dog, n a hampster. Been SS, dreaming, my whole life. After working for 25 years, and little to show for it, except the kids n my stuff, I need a change.

We do make a mean blackberry jelly. My own plants! Been at this place 4 years now. The berries were started from a few wild stalks. We now have several large patches.

We rent a cabin on my inlaws 3 acre 100yr old farmette. I am insulating this year, n puttin in a woodstove!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Cool first date ;) Sounds like you've got a pretty good start :) Blackberries are my favorite! We have a few stalks out back too, and now that I got rid of my goats..I might actually get some this year :lol: I did get enough from the neighbors place to get some jam this year :) 100 year old farm....wow! Sounds very nice!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds like you've made a good start. Do you ever make the hay/livestock auction at Cedar Lane Feeds outside of Elmer?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Welcome :) Blackberry jelly is wonderful.
I have a blackberry plant popping up in my garden bed that will be getting transplanted soon. I want it to grow - just not right there.

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Sounds like you've made a good start. Do you ever make the hay/livestock auction at Cedar Lane Feeds outside of Elmer?
I have not, but may soon. I lost 6 hens in the last week,due to fox/racoon. No more free ranging. That's about 5 miles down the road from me! Well, I got 7 dozen eggs in the fridge, so no immedoate need for more hens. Could use some guneas though.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Maybe we'll run into each other sometime then. I'm not going right now-don't need any hay, but I'm a regular over there. And, if that's only 5 miles from you, you're probably not that far from me. I live in Franklin Township, and have my horses and chickens at a friend's farm outside of Woodstown.

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I grew up in Woodstown, not there now, but not too far. I buy my feed at ice & coal.

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yes, i'm not very specific about myself / location ! I've had a Stalker for the last three years ! I keep a low profile now. And no, it's not my ex.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Mr.Andersson said:
I grew up in Woodstown, not there now, but not too far. I buy my feed at ice & coal.
Small world! That's where I get most of my feed! And, what I don't get in there, I get at TSC across from the Acme. I used to buy some of it at the Agway next door. I was so disappointed when they closed it. So, I was glad when Ice and Coal got it in.

I don't blame you for keeping a low profile. I've known others w/that problem.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mr.Andersson said:
My first date with my wife, was to see the Matrix. We have, 5 hens, 3 cats, 1 dog, n a hampster. Been SS, dreaming, my whole life. After working for 25 years, and little to show for it, except the kids n my stuff, I need a change.

We do make a mean blackberry jelly. My own plants! Been at this place 4 years now. The berries were started from a few wild stalks. We now have several large patches.

We rent a cabin on my inlaws 3 acre 100yr old farmette. I am insulating this year, n puttin in a woodstove!
Hey, that's me! :D

Welcome from the frigid tundra, I mean Michigan :frow

Latest posts