OK peeps I need Crock-Pot recipes

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just started working again after 12 years as a SAHM. Sadly I had trouble getting dinner on the table BEFORE I got this job. Now I'm in big trouble. I need to get much more use out of my Crock Pot. All I make in it now is beef stew and spaghetti and meatballs.

Please post your tried and true favorites and I promise I will try them at least once!!!!

Y'all are so awesome, by the way!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
OH I love my crock pot.

I love to make chicken stew - and I use cambells Chicken and Herb soup (two cans if you use 3 or 4 chicken breasts)

I don't have anything written down, I wing it everytime, I use 2 chicken breasts mostly. I'll add a can of soup and a can of milk - veggies and what-nots (I do sometimes add those more tender veggies half an hour before we eat or so)
Sometimes I'll add chicken broth - just pretty much what I have on hand.
Its really yummy - if I don't have potatoe's to add, I'll add rice about an hour before we eat - thats a little difficult if you're working.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I do beans, potato soup, chili and veggie soup in the crockpot. No real recipes except the beans. Just throw and go, season to taste!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I usually make this in the oven but I have made it in the crockpot.

Porkchops(as many as you need)
Thin sliced potatoes, onions & green bell peppers.

Layer(w/chops on the bottom to start)& sprinkle salt & pepper on each layer. Viola! Supper is served! I serve with corn or green beans & bread & butter.

Another easy one put a whole chicken in & cover with BBQ sauce.

Shredded beef is good too, a chuck roast, with a small can of diced green chillies, a can of diced tomatoes, a 1/2-whole onion(depending taste) halved & sliced, salt & pepper to taste & a bay leaf. Cook on low for 8-10 hrs, remove from crock & discard bay leaf, shred with 2 forks & serve on flour tortilla's or use for tacos too.

Pot roast works well too.

If I think of anymore I will post them.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Cut up some potatoes and carrots. Put one layer on the bottom of the crock pot. Put a chunk of meat on top of the taters and carrots. Season the meat how ever you want, pepper is good. Put any remaining taters and carrots around the meat. Chop up some onions and celery. Put the onions and celery on top of everything. Throw in a bay leaf or two. Add a bit of water. Put in some pepper if you want and some garlic if you want. Add any other seasonings you want. Make sure the crock pot is plugged in and the top is on. Turn on the crock pot. Come back later when everything is cooked and enjoy.

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BBQ Pulled Pork
Great on sandwiches or on a baked potato.

Place a small boneless pork roast in the crock pot and pour 1/2 bottle (8 oz) of your favorite BBQ sauce over it. Turn the pot on low and cook for 8 to 10 hours, When done, use 2 forks to shread the meat, if it needs more sauce, add more and cook another 1/2 hour. If it is to watery, remove the cover and turn the pot on high. Then continue to cook until it thickens.

When you use your crock pot for things that will require scrubbing and elbow grease to clean the pot later, try using the plastic liners for crock pots. They are great! You can find them with the plastic bags at the supermarket. They make clean up a snap.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
VT-Chicklit said:
BBQ Pulled Pork
Great on sandwiches or on a baked potato.

Place a small boneless pork roast in the crock pot and pour 1/2 bottle (8 oz) of your favorite BBQ sauce over it. Turn the pot on low and cook for 8 to 10 hours, When done, use 2 forks to shread the meat, if it needs more sauce, add more and cook another 1/2 hour. If it is to watery, remove the cover and turn the pot on high. Then continue to cook until it thickens.

When you use your crock pot for things that will require scrubbing and elbow grease to clean the pot later, try using the plastic liners for crock pots. They are great! You can find them with the plastic bags at the supermarket. They make clean up a snap.
I make this too, except I don't add the bbq sauce, we add it after when we put the meat on the sandwiches.

And those bags I LOVE THEM!!:weee
No more scrubbing my crockpot!

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Have you tried Crock Pot Mac and Cheese? Here is a great, easy recipe that makes 6 servings.

2 cups milk
12 ounces evaporated milk
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon yellow prepared mustard
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz Velveeta or Cheeze whiz (cubed)
2 cups macaroni, boiled for 3 minutes

1. Spray a 4- to 6-quart crockpot with non-stick cooking spray (bottom and sides) or line witha Crock Pot cooking bag.

2. In a bowl, mix all ingredients, then dump into crockpot.

3. Cover and cook on low 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stirring once half way through.

YUMMY!

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I will be trying all of these :)