Ok pig people...I just found a stray piglet!!!! (NEW Photos pg 21)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
You need to call sewy, sewy sewy. My grampas pigs used to come to that. :p

Oh, my, I wish a pig would wander into my yard.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, Universe, I would like a goat on my doorstep tomorrow. Preferably one with an almost weaned doeling alongside :lol:

That is one cute piggie!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Red dorry/yorkie mix.

That lil bit of food you put down will just make him mad, give the little one some real food, and in a couple months watch my how to smoke video and make your own bacon.

Although he is nice roasting size "looks around for apple"

:rolleyes: :lol:
:bun

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I put a pile of food into a dog crate, hopefully I can trick the wiley booger into getting caught in there.

I have a good pen for him too, so I can keep him safe from my dogs for a few days.

I'll put up signs so I don't get any bad Karma :p. I'll do the right thing, but if nobody claims him, well you know.

Now MP what do you mean by "real food"?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Awww...how darling! How could you think of bacon and ham and pork shoulder when you are all looking at a pretty little Wilbur? Ask him if he has a friend named Charlotte....

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe he fell off someone's farm truck? I mean there are soooo many ways a pig could theoretically get into your neighborhood, right? :p

Hehe, that is great BBH. A Dexter, a dexter, I want a dexter! The cow, not the serial killer cop dude.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Pigs will eat just about anything . . . . Someone I know who raises pigs says chicken feed is essentially the same as pig feed, but I think he said pig feed is cheaper so he feeds that to his chickens. But the feed usually is only a fraction of a pig's diet, if you supplement with human foods (like doughnuts).

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Also . . . if you post a sign, don't say what kind of pig. Then the person who comes to claim him has to id what kind of pig they lost. ;)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Are we starting wishlists as to what we want dropped off at our farms? first, I need more land :p

Any food scraps you have, the pig will eat, and I mean any

It probably did come from a truck. A friend of mine acquired a piglet that way, and they raised it and ate it. When they brought it to the butcher, though, they were told it was way overweight.