Ok pig people...I just found a stray piglet!!!! (NEW Photos pg 21)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
What is it with sisters??? :rolleyes:

Yeah, Jerry said the same thing Bee, they eat anything we eat and they will even eat any kind of raw meat. (Snakes, ground hogs etc.) Just watch out for the bananas. :D We were giving Benson 2+ each day...:hide :p

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been enjoying this thread a great deal. Laughing a lot. Very jealous. And then it hit me. You aren't all that far from Olympia. Pigs are my absolute favorite animals we've ever raised (excepting my kids, usually). The nights are still quite long and dark here. ;)

Or maybe I should just go back to lurking.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Jamsoundsgood said:
I've been enjoying this thread a great deal. Laughing a lot. Very jealous. And then it hit me. You aren't all that far from Olympia. Pigs are my absolute favorite animals we've ever raised (excepting my kids, usually). The nights are still quite long and dark here. ;)

:yuckyuck :gig

This little piggie has even lured out the lurkers! :lol:

Welcome jamsoundsgood!!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Now you have done it Jamsoundsgood... we KNOW you are out there and now you HAVE to participate more often! :D

And welcome by the way! :frow

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Years ago I brought home a piglet from the livestock auction. It was an impulse buy. I put her in the horses' paddock while I worked on her own area. While I ran to the saw mill to get more lumber my ex put one of the horses in the paddock, not knowing that I had even bought a piglet. I came home just in time to see the pig scoot through an opening and take off. I chased her through the farms across the road but lost her in the woods.
The next summer everyone was talking about the giant pig roaming in the woods, lol!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
SOME PIG

Jamsoundsgood said:

No!! Please dont!! Stay and play!

I hear there is a wonderful pub in Olympia that serves the best brew and onion rings!

Sylvie, I wonder how long that pig lasted out in the woods? :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I thought Benson would be pretty mad at me this morning. :hide So I brought him a few blueberries and 2 hard boiled eggs with his usual pig pellets.

He let me scratch his back while he ate. He never let me do that before!! I was shocked!! I guess he forgave me. :)

I meant to tell anyone who is interested, after Benson's surgery, Jerry sprayed "scarlet oil" onto the incisions. It is an antibacterial spray that keeps the skin moist while it heals. I have to spray his incisions again this afternoon. After that, he is good to go. I never heard of scarlet oil spray before, have you?

Oh and he said you CAN hand feed the piglets. I read that you shouldn't b/c they may think of your hand as food and bite your hands. Jerry said they are smart enough to tell the difference. :)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Maybe you could do the bucket trick.

I read a long time ago that people should not hand feed horses, especially ponies, as they often get nippy. Instead you are supposed to use a little bucket to put the treats in. That way they tend to identify the bucket with the treat instead of your hands.

This said I confess we have always fed our horses treats out of hand. :hide

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I read that you shouldn't b/c they may think of your hand as food and bite your hands. Jerry said they are smart enough to tell the difference.
i'm telling you. they do it on purpose! they are mean! evil! boo pigs! i mean, except.. i guess.. benson is pretty cute.

;-)

Latest posts