Ok pig people...I just found a stray piglet!!!! (NEW Photos pg 21)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
I read that you shouldn't b/c they may think of your hand as food and bite your hands. Jerry said they are smart enough to tell the difference.
i'm telling you. they do it on purpose! they are mean! evil! boo pigs! i mean, except.. i guess.. benson is pretty cute.

;-)
:yuckyuck

The scarlet oil is used because it doesn't dry out the "area" like an alcohol-based antibacterial spray, like "blue coat", would.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Jamsoundsgood, welcome to the forum! :D Now...about Benson and a dark night. I must inform you that SKR8PN and I are already forming a rescue plan for this dear little piece of....er..uh....pig and we have plans for him. First dibs! :frow :D :lol:

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
SOME PIG

Jamsoundsgood said:
I've been enjoying this thread a great deal. Laughing a lot. Very jealous. And then it hit me. You aren't all that far from Olympia. Pigs are my absolute favorite animals we've ever raised (excepting my kids, usually). The nights are still quite long and dark here. ;)

Or maybe I should just go back to lurking.
No!! Please dont!! Stay and play!

I hear there is a wonderful pub in Olympia that serves the best brew and onion rings!
But the whole point of me lurking is so that one deep dark night I can sneak over there and "liberate" a pork chop in need of an alternative lifestyle. Alternative meaning without sheep to bug it. Yeah, that's it. And by the time I do it you'll have forgotten all about me because I'll have faded back into the Land of Lurkdom. So all the blame will fall on Beekissed, and everyone lives happily ever after, except the afor mentioned pork chop.
I'm out of pork chops. When do the spring pigs come in again?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Jamsoundsgood said:
big brown horse said:
SOME PIG

Jamsoundsgood said:
I've been enjoying this thread a great deal. Laughing a lot. Very jealous. And then it hit me. You aren't all that far from Olympia. Pigs are my absolute favorite animals we've ever raised (excepting my kids, usually). The nights are still quite long and dark here. ;)

Or maybe I should just go back to lurking.
No!! Please dont!! Stay and play!

I hear there is a wonderful pub in Olympia that serves the best brew and onion rings!
But the whole point of me lurking is so that one deep dark night I can sneak over there and "liberate" a pork chop in need of an alternative lifestyle. Alternative meaning without sheep to bug it. Yeah, that's it. And by the time I do it you'll have forgotten all about me because I'll have faded back into the Land of Lurkdom. So all the blame will fall on Beekissed, and everyone lives happily ever after, except the afor mentioned pork chop.
I'm out of pork chops. When do the spring pigs come in again?
except I think you just told on yourself. :p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
ME??? :th Why, sholey nobody would think that little ol' BEE would have a hand in such a dastardly deed! :ep Jam...for shame! :old

We just want to give Benson a loving home(I LOVE bacon!).....and a new name(Bacon or Pork Loin) ....and a very "cool" place to live(Freezer Camp)...... during his formative years. Just a coupla do-gooders over here! :love

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:gig :lol:

This silly pig and all of you have had me in stitches for a week now. From the wiener jokes to "joking" about snatching him...golly gee, I've got a side ache!!! :p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
BBH, we are just tickled that the universe chose to bless you with a stray pig....and that you arose to the challenge and are really going to do this! :) So fun!

You will be amazed at just how fast these things grow! You, too, will be imagining slabs of bacon when you look at him..... :D

Gonna grow him any special crop veggies this spring? Mangels? Turnips?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Jamsoundsgood, welcome to the forum! :D Now...about Benson and a dark night. I must inform you that SKR8PN and I are already forming a rescue plan for this dear little piece of....er..uh....pig and we have plans for him. First dibs! :frow :D :lol:
I will be warming up Bensen's new home later on today. :D The Wife requested that I cook steaks over a wood fire for our dinner this evening. Heeere piggiepiggiepiggie!! :gig

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Of course I have the advantage of geography. ;) And my dogs are really big and scarry. Once he's in the barn he's in until I say otherwise. Just sayin'.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience...Ohhhch! Pigs DO bite!! I had 2, I think it was 2 summers ago, both females. And BOY oh BOY were they mean!! They had these little creepy crawlie bugs on them, which I found out was lice. :sick So, I get the spray, get on my boots...and a long piece of 2x4...and head in the pen. Grandpa always said.. " NEVER go in a hog pen without the proper tools, a 2x4." So, I head in there, and the largest female comes a runnin. For a split second I was thinking.. " Awww, she wants me to scratch her back, how cute :love " Then...to my horror...I realize...she was after me!!!! :barnie That sow grabbed onto my knee, with all she had!! I swear...I could hear grandpa yellin..." Tenderize that sow with yer 2x4" So, I started swinging....SMACK, on her back...she still had me!! SMACK...SMACK, on the head...she was holding on till sundown, or thunder...or whatever! I started swinging that 2x4 like a Louisville slugger....wham, wham, wham!! FINALLY, she let out a squeal, and ran to the other side of the pen. I looked down...no blood...I was already in the pen, and was determend to get the job done. So, her in the corner...I have one eye on her, and one eye on the other one...slowly I crept...step by step...no waite..thats another story. I figured I would get the bigger one done first...so I headed her way...she lowered her head...I raised my 2x4...she stopped...and I sprayed. Whew! One down, one to go. The smaller one was cowering in the hog hut. Cool, this will be easy...HA! I peered inside....and softly talked to her, trying to convince her that it was OK, and I was not there to hurt her. Yeah...she understood that! HA! She BOLTED out, almost knocking me down. Ohhhh, no you dont...I say. So after about 6 times around the pen, I finally get her sprayed. Whew! Next pigs that get lice...they can have em! My knee was bruised..and sore for a few days. I really thought she was going to tear my knee cap off. They DO bite...not all of them, but these 2 females..wow, mean as a snake they were...but Ohhhhhhhh, so tasty!! :p