OK, so when I talk chickens........

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I think my husband hears "wah wah wah whahahawhwh wah wah wah" like in the Charlie Brown cartoons.

Seriously.

I tell him I'm making decisions, taking some to the auction, and he's all "good idea because the feeds costing this much..."

So then I tell him which chickens, and he's like "well don't get rid of too many" or "well, I don't understand what you want to do, I don't see how you're going to make that work"

And I'm like "I SPOKE IN ENGLISH!" :barnie

:barnie

OK, I feel better.

Off to load up some unsuspecting Southern Fried dinner on feet.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: sounds like my DH - I go through all the trouble to tell him my plan and then later he's like huh? I didn't know that . .

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
my DH is the same way, I just thought this ability not to be able to hear me was my DHs trait, but after reading posts here,I now know it to be a "guy" thing. So in this house I just do as I wish, and only include him when I need muscle.lol this seems to work well in our marriage.;)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Off to load up some unsuspecting Southern Fried dinner on feet.
:yuckyuck

My hubby doesn't hear a thing I say about ANYTHING....unless I am telling him that I need money for something of course! :barnie

Reaction score
You know we're good for more than just muscle. You women should start a thread on uses for husbands. I'm sure it would be amusing.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh Big Daddy, I know my DH is good for other things than just his muscel, but alas I can not speak of all his good traits on here;)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
You know we're good for more than just muscle. You women should start a thread on uses for husbands. I'm sure it would be amusing.
You hubbys are great for lots of things...don't let the occasional grumbling get to you Big Daddy!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hubbys are great for lots of things....changeing lightbulbs is one of my FAVORITE things. I will walk around in the dark forever, if he didn't change them. :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh BD, we all love the hubbys big time. just gotta gripe about life in general every now and then..LOL

Tony doesn't speak...he nods. I never know if he heard a word I said. I have to ask---did you hear me, and he says, yea I nodded. OMG! I don't always have to want to watch for a "slight" nod when I am talking with my back to him ya know....kills me.

and if he doesn't remember something I said or asked, he says I didn't hear you and I say, Liar, I saw you nod...HA HA

me, he just tunes me out most of the time, I am a yacker..LOL
I don't blame him. Heck I would tune me out sometimes..HAHAHA