OK, so when I talk chickens........

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just now read this. :lol:
I tell DH what I'd like to do, go into details and he's sitting there knodding and blinking, occassionally swallowing or coughing. I get done, he says "Uh huh, cool" and walks off. Then 5 minutes later he comes back & says "Umm, What were you wanting to do again?"
:barnie

A little brag though, my DH doesn't leave the seat up and he doesn't sprinkle. And the food this man can cook when he's not using hamburger helper :love

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I think the men have a little switch in their heads. They really don't hear words like "chicken" (unless it is said with the word "dinner") or phrases like "can you clean the...", yet they always hear things like "I went shopping" and "beer" and "cake".

I think it is probably a good thing however. If mine listened to all of my plans he might get scared. ;)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Hubby and I have been married for almost 23 years. He tunes me out A LOT even though he never admits it :gig

Yet somehow when I said "once I sell 2 of the ducks I am getting quail" he heard me...and started objecting...LOLOL

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, something sunk in. :lol: We have a hoop house (thanks Becca!) started. It's all framed in, just need to attach the chicken wire, hang the door, and tarp it. :cool:

Unloaded 4 roosters at auction today, too, but they sold for so little, I basically paid to have them sold. :(

Anyhoo....he was listening today....and he has FORBID me from getting rid of any of his chickens....I was like, huh? I never said I was going to do that...so yea, he heard something, but I'm just not sure what?!

:gig

And BD, I LOVE my husband. I've the best husband in the entire world, possibly the universe, he's just not that into my chickens. :gig