Okay...post your herd pics here! **Dial-up Warning**

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Love your pics - the cats with the chicks is to cute :D River beautiful :love

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks. River is getting older than dirt on me here, I told the vet shed outlive me yet. She is 24 now, which is quite ancient for such a large horse. And she is blind in one eye. I rode her the other day and shes such a sweet heart.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
great pics. any horse pic is nice to see for me LOL horse fan here!!! I love the big workers! Hooves the size of dinner plates...lol

but one pic...cats near chicks. nope, unnecessary cruelty to new fowl. I would never do that. even for a second.
I had a customer come with his Lab dog to my house to buy a few Boers. He let his dog loose cause it was "country". uh lol
His dog ran my tractor rabbits around their cages. OH ISN'T that cute...NO. give my rabbits a heart attack LOL needless to say that never happened again from anyone lol

wondering on the coon. has he been relocated and gone now? I am not a varmint fan as a pet. just me. so wondering what his fate was?

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
great pics. any horse pic is nice to see for me LOL horse fan here!!! I love the big workers! Hooves the size of dinner plates...lol

but one pic...cats near chicks. nope, unnecessary cruelty to new fowl. I would never do that. even for a second.
I had a customer come with his Lab dog to my house to buy a few Boers. He let his dog loose cause it was "country". uh lol
His dog ran my tractor rabbits around their cages. OH ISN'T that cute...NO. give my rabbits a heart attack LOL needless to say that never happened again from anyone lol

wondering on the coon. has he been relocated and gone now? I am not a varmint fan as a pet. just me. so wondering what his fate was?
I can understand your worries but no, the chicks were not tormented to death, they are doing just fine. All my chicks start out in the kitty room and 100 chicks later everybody is alive and thriving. No cruelty in my opinion. The coon is fine too, thanks :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no not saying cruelty on your part at all. just saying a predator on top and hovering over any prey is heart attack time for prey lol

I say lol cause I do take it lightly in a way. in other words, no cats or anything else hovering over my fowl but me....am sure they think I will eat them also

the coon? are you keeping him as a pet?

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
no not saying cruelty on your part at all. just saying a predator on top and hovering over any prey is heart attack time for prey lol

I say lol cause I do take it lightly in a way. in other words, no cats or anything else hovering over my fowl but me....am sure they think I will eat them also

the coon? are you keeping him as a pet?
I gotcha. One time when I was feeding the baby chicks they actually got out and looked for cover with the kitties. As you can see with Tiggers picture, she has a HUGE predator instinct :rolleyes: The chicks crawled up on the cats and they were just like "yeah. whatever" Same thing when we had 50 young pullets escape the hen and they were out foraging. The kitties didn't care at all :)

The coon we will have to see. Haven't gotten any help from local rehab places other than "shoot it". We'll have to swing it and see how it goes. She has a huge outdoor enclosure she is in during the day and likes to climb around in.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Nice pics! I SERIOUSLY want a horse or two one day, but NOT possible now :/

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
yay, Avalon, another draft fan :cool:

IMAG0107.jpg

Storm and Piper. (she's half draft, so she's not little either, this photo doesn't really show his size)

IMG00114.jpg

Storm's nap time :p

I really need to load some better photos of him... But he's all that we've got that is farmish right now. Two dogs and two chinchillas (but they're hard as heck to photograph!)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That is one beautiful animal!!! :drool

I let my cat near my chicks also...they didn't seem to mind but the cat was scared silly! :lol: I was attempting to desensitize one to another and it seemed to work well....cat doesn't eat the chickens and so far, I've not had a chicken attempt to eat my cat. :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Cats never bothered my chicks but we have a new cat and Im not sure what she will do........