Okiemommy's Journal **What I realized today about our journey**

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Okiemommy wrote:

Hi Debit-Debi-Ray-Ray!!!! :ya :ya :ya :ya :weee :weee :weee

Hi dear!!!! I think I am gonna try the laundry soap and upside tomatoes and see how badly I mess those up.....
You'll do fine! :D Just don't get in a hurry, and do one or two things; whatever you can handle, at a time. Have fun!! :D

OkieJonesClan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey OkieMommy -

I had to leave town for a family emergency, then when I got back had password issues . . lol.

I wanted to tell you, since you are in my neck of the woods, that my neighbor's daughter works at a bakery. I have an endless suply of free food grade 5lb buckets with lids. They are frosting buckets. If you would like any, please email me (okiejonesclan@yahoo.com) and we can arrange for you to get them. I have two that I planted garlic in and 5 that I will be putting bulk flour that I just ordered in.

I hope you are doing well with kids and pregnancy and all.

Ang

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Hey OkieMommy -

I had to leave town for a family emergency, then when I got back had password issues . . lol.

I wanted to tell you, since you are in my neck of the woods, that my neighbor's daughter works at a bakery. I have an endless suply of free food grade 5lb buckets with lids. They are frosting buckets. If you would like any, please email me (okiejonesclan@yahoo.com) and we can arrange for you to get them. I have two that I planted garlic in and 5 that I will be putting bulk flour that I just ordered in.

I hope you are doing well with kids and pregnancy and all.

Ang
OMG I sure do!!!! :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

AWESOME!!!! Thank you!!!!!! :weee :weee :weee

I have soooo many uses for those!!! :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Yep pregnancy and kiddo's are doing great. :D
Glad you're back on! Missed ya around here :)

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Wow the weather is quite interesting as of late. ^_^ We will see how this pans out for us in Central Oklahoma, but right now it is raining, and it is supposed to turn over to snow tonight and continue until tomorrow. The panhandles of Oklahoma and Texas are experiencing Blizzard conditions!! They expect the blizzard conditions to come further east and south, but as to how far it comes down, remains to be seen. I brought my dwarf apple and grapes, that I was planning on planting this weekend :rolleyes: into the house. I must add that I am glad that I hadn't planted them yet! :ya

Wish we would have prepared better for this, we figured it wouldn't be a big deal b/c usually when it rains before a snow, well almost always, it doesn't stick. We don't have any dry wood if the power goes out :he
We have the same amount of food that we were planning on having for the next week anyway, so we are good on that. Well lesson learned, even if the storm pans out to me a whole lot of nothing. :fl

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Just a thought, Okiemommy...

We've used those fireplace logs in the woodstove during a power outage. Not cheap - but a source of heat (and cooking) if power is out for long. We got a case from a friend one year and we were sure glad we had them when we had a late season blizzard/power outage.

edited for typo

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Hop in your truck and come on over. I can spare a truckload of wood. It's only a day's drive each way.

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Good idea Kel! :D

LOL dacjohns I wouldn't mind running away from this storm for a while :weee

Tonight the news said it shouldn't get as bad as originally expected. It would be great if all it did was rain. :pop

edited for spelling