Okiemommy's Journal **What I realized today about our journey**

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okie, PLEASE be safe. I just got off the phone with my son. He lives in the area of 59th and westminister. He said so far, no evacuation..but said he wont sleep well tonight. I told him, and Im sure I dont need to tell you....Pack laundry baskets with clothes and layer important papers, pictures, jewlery in the clothes. Keep them stacked by the door. IF they evacuate, they dont give any time to get things together. My son said FIRST thing in the truck will be the boys, THEN his TV. :rolleyes: He got his first flatscreen, and just payed it off last month. Crazy kids! Prayers are sent for you and yours.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:hugs & Prayers!!!
I pray that the Lord would keep you and your family safe and put a hedge of protection on you and yours! In Jesus name!!

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
LOL Justusnak! I could see my husband doing the exact same thing if he had just bought a new TV :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Your son lives right by us!
We have so many pictures that they have their own boxes lol We would just grab up the boxes and go. :weee :weee

Thank you for the Prayers Justusnak, gettinaclue and Pam!! :hugs :hugs
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

Cybercat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Stay alert, Okiemommy and hubby...just remember that your family is most important to keep safe...the rest is just 'stuff'...

Prayers urgently sent your way...

Leanne

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Thank you Cybercat :) I took a nap while my husband was up. Now I'm staying up all night just to be on the safe side...I couldn't possibly sleep now anyway.

No new news on the fires yet... except that A large part of Midwest City has been damaged by the fire. Many homes burned to the ground. My friend was not able to get to her house to get her dogs before the neighborhood was shut down. She doesn't know if her house made it or not, but it doesn't look all that good. The news estimated 50 houses in that addition alone were burned.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I hope with daylight things are looking not as bad as they could be. Also hope the winds have died down and you have higher humidity.

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Thank you :)

The winds have died down some, and are expected to die down throughout the day. My friends house is untouched by the fires and her dogs are okay. She found out this morning. We haven't watched any coverage on the damage yet, but we will at the noon news at least. I'm guessing that they got the fires out because they didn't cover them at all last night after 11PM..but they were still going at that time also. I will update when I find out more.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
stay calm, be prepared to leave and pray for the best. Fires have been an issue for us several times. Air quality issues etc... I hope your friends and family are all safe and secure. gina