oklahoma here!!!

GardenSimply

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi! :)

I lived in Prescott for four years and Phoenix for one (eww!) I hated Phoenix, but I loved Prescott. I just missed the 'green' of Oklahoma

I am only thirty minutes from Broken Arrow! Wow, what a small world we live in!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I like Prescott a lot better than Phx too. We avoid going to Phx if at all possible. Ever eat at the Gurley St. Bar & Grill while you were in Prescott? They have great food & a great micro brewery. I used to go up there to volunter with the American Lung Association for a summer camp for ashmatic children. We got a day off & we would go eat in town & run around all day long(& into the night too). We live outside of Casa Grande. But we have 40 acres up on top of the White Mtns that we can't wait to move to.
My aunt has lived in Tulsa & Broken Arrow for many, many yrs. They actually have their house up for sale now looking to downsize. But will stay in that area as her dd is there too. I think in Coweta is where my cousin lives. I know she teaches school there. I was just there 2 yrs ago too. Hoping we can make it again this next yr.

GardenSimply

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
YES! I loved to go to Gurley Street Grill, they made a beef stroganoff to die for. And I'm not going into beer as that is an all day (and night affair) I had a love affair with 'Whiskey Row' LOL Lizards, Matt's, The Bird Cage. There was a bike rally west of Prescott called 'Too Broke for Sturgis' that was always fun.

Prescott is a really and truly fun town. I had six acres a bit north of town and I loved it there. The trees were especially beautiful.

I once went to the Mogollon Rim just west of your White Mountains. It was a most breathtaking place! I have a friend that is from Payson, just west as well. It would be a great place to be off the grid and away from it all. I envy you! What is your ETA to move there?

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
No need to order a national brand of beer from the Gurley was there? Whiskey Row is a great place. One thing that amazed me the first time I was there was even though some of the old saloons had been turned into little stores, they kept the bars in them along with the mirrors!! It was sooooo cooool to see things from the "old WEst" days.
Our eta is really undetermined to move as it all depends on if dh can get a transfer to the prison up there. That will only happen if the warehouse manager retires up there & I guess he is not too close to doing that. Otherwise it will be another 11 yrs & 3 mos before dh can retire. He will have 30 yrs in then & only be 51. I will be 55 then so we will still be young enough to really enjoy it. As soon as we have the money we are planning on starting to build livestock pens, a barn, a chicken coop & refence the property as the fencing is not the greatest. And work on the drive way & get the orchard started too. That way we won't have as much work to get settled up there when it is time to. We would still have to build a house to as we only have a travel trailer up there right now. We are looking at building a small cabin to start with, then we will have more room to spend a few weeks & a few weekends a yr up there. There is already a well on the property so we are okay for water. Althugh we do need to install a new holding tank for it as the original one rusted. But it is so much greener than down here & they get snow up there too!! The kids love it up there too. Our ds#2 cries when it is time to come home, he never wants to leave! My parents went up there for the first time a yr ago Sept., & she said it reminded her of eastern OK & she understood why I love it so much. But it is too much in the boonies for her as we are 4 miles back off the highway & it requires opening & closing 2 gates to get back there. No power so solar will be the only way to go for us. Which suits me just fine & dandy. Plus it can be very windy up there(over 100mph) so a wind generator will be on our list of things to add.

OkieJonesClan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am new to this site, from Logan County. New to Oklahoma, but love it so much that hubbie and I decided to claim it! lol:p

Greendecember

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
okiemomof3 said:
I'm in the Skiatook/Owasso area (NE Oklahoma)

YEAH!
Hello neighbor! I'm not exactly sure where Owasso is but I have heard of it. hehe. I'll have to look it up :D I'm a transplant from California so still learning where everything is in OK :D