Old Crock & press

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My uncle's neighbor is cleaning out his mother in laws house and was going to get rid of a huge crock (2 ft diameter and up to his knee tall) and a press used to make wine. How much should I offer him?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
onebuggirl said:
My uncle's neighbor is cleaning out his mother in laws house and was going to get rid of a huge crock (2 ft diameter and up to his knee tall) and a press used to make wine. How much should I offer him?
If he was just going to get rid of them--just offer to take them off his hands :p. Seriiously--I have no idea--ask him what he wants for them and then work out something until your both happy. If you dont' watn them, I'd be glad to take them of your hands. ;)

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
onebuggirl said:
If he was just going to get rid of them--just offer to take them off his hands :p. Seriiously--I have no idea--ask him what he wants for them and then work out something until your both happy. If you dont' watn them, I'd be glad to take them of your hands. ;)
Cute..but I really wan them. I asked what he wanted..he said make me an offer. I said $50 and my hubby sais I should have said $20 and now I feel like poop......I should have said $20 I just got soooo excited.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Don't feel bad about $50. I have seen one of theose crocks go for much more. Be happy with it. We all have a habit of beating ourselves up over--I should have offered less.. Plus think of it as helping the dude out, and NO TAXES!!!!!

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Don't feel bad about $50. I have seen one of theose crocks go for much more. Be happy with it. We all have a habit of beating ourselves up over--I should have offered less.. Plus think of it as helping the dude out, and NO TAXES!!!!!
Well I am hoping it is an antique crock and press just because I like old things and think they are made way better than junk today. AND they will most likely be made in the USA. Also I want antiques in my 1889 house! I love old stuff..that includes little old ladies and funny old men.teehee...in a good way!

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
onebuggirl said:
I said $50 and my hubby sais I should have said $20 and now I feel like poop......I should have said $20 I just got soooo excited.
Hey onebuggirl, don't let your hubby "should" all over you. :old

You did all right!