Old Farmers Dump Mason Jars

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Nuggetsowner:) said:
I learned how to use a pressure canner just a few weeks ago. My mom came over for the weekend and we canned 36 quarts of chicken. It is very good. I had always been afraid to pressure can but once I had done it, it really wasn't that big of a deal. I guess I too will be adding to my pantry next year!
If my garden experiment goes well then my mom will be coming out next month to help me can green beans & peas. It is too hot to grow them in the summer here so we will see what happens.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Luls, if anyone wants them, we have a root cellar filled with boxes of old mason jars that we don't need, sitting on top of one wall is about 10 or 15 boxes filled with them. hahaha.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Lupin, too bad you live in Ontario & I live in Az I would gladly take those jars off your hands. Your family doesn't garden & can? If not with that supply of free jars I would seriously consider it.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
Lupin, too bad you live in Ontario & I live in Az I would gladly take those jars off your hands. Your family doesn't garden & can? If not with that supply of free jars I would seriously consider it.
We garden, and make Jams but don't can... YET, however we clearly have way more than we need, it's something like 50 years of jars, which in reality adds up to a lot of jars :p

Latest posts