Old goats milk for small soap batch?

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have not made soap from scratch before, so I'm not sure on this.

I have some milk left from just before my doe dried off. It's been strained and chilled. It's getting old and has separated, is not pretty, but doesn't smell bad. There are maybe a few cups.

I should probably throw it out or give it to the chickens but ... My goat was a young FF and didn't give that much so all goats milk still seems precious to me.

I am wondering if it can be used to make soap. I'm not sure if it's good for that quality-wise or quantity-wise. I don't have the things I need now anyway and would need to freeze it for a while first.

Thanks for any suggestions. I need to get it out of my fridge. And I had to BUY milk today. Ugh! Expecting kidding in late December. Not my planned time but at least I should have milk again after that. :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Just how old is it? I've had it last quite a while. My rule is...the nose knows! If it smells like milk, it should be good in soap. Freeze it up in ice cube trays to prepare for soapmaking.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks so much, Free! I'll do just that. It smells ok, just doesn't look as pretty. :)