Old Privacy Fences

mjdtexan

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I pick up the old privacy fences that people throw away and make garden furniture, wishing wells, birdhouses, planters and stuff. I sell it to rich folks, they cant get enough of it.

432_primative_garden_furniture_018.jpg

432_primative_garden_furniture_002.jpg

432_primative_garden_furniture_014.jpg

432_primative_garden_furniture_009.jpg

432_primative_garden_furniture_007.jpg

432_primative_garden_furniture_006.jpg

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Now THATS a great idea!! Got pics!? I would love to see some of your work...altho, I am not rich, so I wont be buying! LOL

mjdtexan

Power Conserver
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Now THATS a great idea!! Got pics!? I would love to see some of your work...altho, I am not rich, so I wont be buying! LOL
I was doing pics as you were posting that I reckon. Also, I never sell anything for more than $20. Never. Most of the time its in the $5 to $10 range. Us poor people know we can make it out of whatever, those rich people (nothing against them, they are more valuable to you than you know) like to get bargains too.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Great idea and lovely items! I understand about your pricing. Just because they have the money to waste doesn't mean we have to shear them like sheep, huh? ;)

Although.....there are a certain amount of well-to-do folks who like to brag on how much they spent on their "stuff" and when choosing between similar items, will choose the most costly! I've seen it time and again and it has always puzzled me! :idunno

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I can see those trays moving fast. How do you sell them to the rich? Store, front yard, online?

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Great idea and lovely items! I understand about your pricing. Just because they have the money to waste doesn't mean we have to shear them like sheep, huh? :idunno
You can shear a sheep several times, but you can only slaughter it once! :old

Way to go mdj. :thumbsup

mjdtexan

Power Conserver
Reaction score
sylvie said:
I can see those trays moving fast. How do you sell them to the rich? Store, front yard, online?
Craigslist, direct sales at plant nurserys, side of road, and here lately word of mouth from previous customers.

I also am always willing to trade for empty 750ml cork style wine bottles.

Yes, the trays for some reason go almost as fast as I can make em. I've never understood that.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Nice looking stuff. I bet those bird houses go like crazy.

I love the natural twig handles on the crates.

(I don't get the trays either. I have 2 someone bought me years ago. I keep thinking I should use them, but then they end up back in the closet :p)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You might use them the way I do....when I want to sit in front of the tv and do a smallish project, like making jewelry, I line a tray with a hand towel and put all my small supplies in the tray. I can cover it with another towel if I get up and have to set it aside for a while. Love it, especially if I don't finish the project in one sitting. I can easily stash the whole tray in a cat-free area until I get back to it.

eta: In fact, I was drooling over all those boxes and trays!!! Esp. the twig handles!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Ahhhh! Cat proof work space. I see!

(Yes, my cats often like to "help" me with my projects :gig )