older article but still we should be prepared---

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Weimar Republic. Time to learn from the past, so we stop repeating it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea SS you would think we could and would learn. but somehow we sure don't. crazy world

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Was that in the news? I don't remember hearing anything about it.

My husband said he knew about it. Glenn Beck talked about it.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know someone who has been buying silver for years.
Personally I think Glenn Beck is right on the money and its just a matter of time. Recently I heard him talking to someone( forgot name ) who was saying we are heading right into a worse depression than the one that began in the 1920s. He said it will be worse because most of us don't know how to even begin to take care of ourselves. His advice was to prepare now. Scary stuff. And to think....I'd have it rough and yet I'd be like rich all of a sudden, even with all the hard work.

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We have been down sizing our bank cash. Its hard to spend money intelligently so that if SHT does'nt hit the fan we are still ok. One thing we did was to pay our property tax for the next 10 years. Probably less then that with with increases, but we don't have to worry about losing the place if there is a financial crash. The tax money is already paid on paper and we don't bet the farm on the economy. Interest rates are so low we don't really lose that way either.

We are not stocking gold and silver since that is mostly paper these days, but we could become a future Hudson Bay company with all the tools and supplies we have laid in. We do not stockpile food; we stockpile the means to make food and clothing for us and others in the most basic ways possible. We aim to be part of the solution; not part of the problem.

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have been buying silver coins from trade fairs, garage sales etc. for about the past year and a half tryingto stay somewhat diversified. cant realy afford gold so I went for the next best thing. I am working on expending my garden areas, with not much luck. Here in Missouri we are having a heck of a drought.
The hard part is getting the wife on the right track, she would rather stick her head in the fm stareo and listen to the newest tunes than just think about "reality". :rolleyes: Thats ok though I have faith that IF things go south, we will be Ok with what I am able to put back and store away.:/

mythreesons

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Reviving a old thread...So how do you view this subject a year later?

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I actually didnt see the seriousness of it all until last fall. I think it's closer than ever, and going to happen within the next couple of years.

Latest posts