Olive Oil Cleanser

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I recently ran across a recipe for facial cleanser made with olive oil and tea tree oil. The only ones I'm finding on the net call for castor oil and olive oil. I could swear the one I read didn't involve castor oil, but as usual, I could be wrong.

Was that on this site? I thought it was somewhere inside of a thread about making your own lotion but now I can't find that thread either. Can anyone direct me? Is anyone else using the EVOO facial cleanser? Got a recipe?

Thanks!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I didn't read the tread
I read the tread for ya, Deb. ;)

It says you don't need new tires just yet! :gig

Okay, okay, I'll leave the one-liners to you and crawl back under my rocks now... :hide

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Thought that didn't look right, but couldn't figure out why. I didn't sleep that well last night, so I blame lack of sleep!

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Deb, thanks for the tread but I didn't see it in there. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Wouldn't those two oils be counter-productive? Tea tree is an astringent, which would dry the skin..then you add the olive oil for moisturizing. Dry it out so that you can apply an emollient?

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bee, that's why I want to find the thread, wherever it is I saw it. I did find this tid-bit and it may help answer your question as well. For all I know, this is where I first saw it anyway....

http://simplemom.net/oil-cleansing-method/

Okay, so I re-read this and it says to just use castor and olive oils, tea tree is used to help clear acne. That makes sense in the way you described. Anyway, the recipe and all that is in there.

Ah, this is why we research, research, research before just making stuff.