OMG you all have to try this that have blackheads

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i read on a site that baking soda and water gets rid of blackheads

well i get sick of spending lots of money on crap like pharmacy items

well i tried this and my blackheads are about 1/10 of what they use to be
i got a big stock pot and put about 3 inches of water in it and brought it to a soft boil just to get some steam going
while your doing that mix like 4 to 1 baking soda together so its thick enough to sit on your finger in a clump
once you mix that put your face in the pot and thats why you will need a tall pot so your face cant touch the water ouch
after about 2 min scrub some of the baking soda and water on your face scrub in good
put your face back in the pot for another min or two and then scrub in again
rinse with warm water then rinse with cold water
wala
i couldnt believe it blackhead remover for about 1/10 of a penny

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I keep a box of baking soda in my shower and since I've been using it to wash my face (I mix about 1 TBSP soda with a very, very small dollop of shampoo - make a paste and use a soft baby brush to lightly "scrub"), I notice a HUGE improvement, and I too am impressed at how much money I don't spend on ridiculously expensive facial cleanser than doesn't help with the blackheads anyhow.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
THANK YOU for posting this! :bow

I'm obsessive about my skin and I *hate* blackheads! And you guys are right, none of the 'spensive skin cleansers actually work.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you! I was using the knox/dried milk recipe as a pore strip, but it doesn't help all that well (the storebought strips don't either). Hopefully this will work, I hate blackheads.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
The best stuff I ever found for cleaning pores was Aztec Secret. It's a clay mask powder. You mix a little with some vinegar, smooth it on, and let it dry. Goes on all foamy. I just do it before showering and rinse it that way. Skin looks and feels great after. This stuff could have made my teen years so much better.

peachykeen

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Cool, I use baking soda as shampoo, so I will try this during the process. I hate blackheads but I sure do love to pop a big one. :O

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for another home remedy! My DD will have to try this out - she's been under attack from those nasty zits for several months now.

Now, hopefully, I won't need a face mask to pop her biggest, baddest zits. One got me back last month. :sick