On the horns of a dilemma

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
WOW. That lady would be turning in her grave if she knew they were all being given away.

I agree with the others, dump them, wash them, sell any collectibles, and use the rest for yourself! What great fortune!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Maybe OFG could organize a pig drive to California...!!!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Crusty McPottydoodle said:
Ldychef2k said:
Maybe OFG could organize a pig drive to California...!!!
I bet her goats would happily do the driving.
They would feel right at home. There are more old goats driving here in California than anywhere but possibly Florida. I know, because I am one.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
First off I love the new avatar!!! That corn looks amazing!!

Second congrats on the great score of jars. I would do as the others suggested and dump as you go. Where ever you can. Is it possible to sell some of the jars? To fund other projects you will need more. I like the idea of giving jars to students but will they use them?

Any how, good luck!!!

g

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
"Will they use them" is my concern. As I have taught the classes, I can see in the eyes of some that this is just too much work for them, even water bath. There are always a few that are gung ho, and those are the ones I want to reward. One lady in my first class was interviewed for the newspaper article and was contacted by a lady in her town who gave her 1000 jars. She is is ready to go.

After eating corn in the garden with the girls yesterday, I had to change the picture from planting the corn to the beauty of the hargest. I planted Sugar Dots, I think it was, and they look for all the world like the corn in the picture. I am pretty stoked.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Simple. Keep in touch with your students and reward their canning successes with a case of jars. Or offer a case of jars for each referral to your classes!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Sounds good to me ! I really want this whole thing to work. I am offering the classes for free, as I mentioned, but maybe some day a roup will get together like a church or civic group, and I can enter the big time ! LOL In the meantime, just passing on the skills feels pretty darn good.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When my aunts mother in law passed away. They found tons of old canned goods that she had canned over the years. You could tell they were no good.

So

my aunt and uncle bought 2 pigs. Free pig feed. Then the pigs went into the freezer when big enough.