One more HillBilly!!

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Enjoying this forum very much! Me and the family are in WV, the south eastern part. We live about 15 minutes from the State Fair grounds. We live on a small farm and live the frugal lifestyle. We have chickens, "had"pigs(in the freezer now), and we hope to add goats real soon. We also have a large garden loaded with all kinds of veggies that I can every year,..love to can! We just added a new pond that we are going to stock with fish and we have been planting fruit trees. We are trying to be as self sufficent as we can possibly be one step at a time. The bug hit us a few years ago, the first thing we decided to do was to build our own house. We was succesful at that venture and now we can't stop! Okay enough rambling from me,....This is a GREAT site!
743_002.jpg

This is our little house we built with much hard work and sweat. It has been well worth it all though, we love it! :love

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome

I love your house! Especially the porch. Here in rainy Washington, I appreciate being able to be outside, but not get wet. And it's nice and low, which is great, since the wind can blow the rain in. (can you tell I grew up in Washington??) Well, that's why I would want a covered porch, at least. Anyway, I also love this site. I have so many goals to strive for based on stories and ideas I read about here.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Oh.... I love your house. Would you believe it looks a lot like ours. LOL My DH built our house too. So much work but so rewarding in the end.

:welcome

You will fit right in here.

jfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I LOVE YOUR HOUSE UP THE CREEK... REMINDS ME OF LORETTA LYNN'S HOUSE IN COAL MINERS DAUGHTER... ITS LOOKS SO AWESOME... :thumbsup and welcome :welcome

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Welcome!!

I just noticed that too Jfarms, it does.. specially with all the trees.

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I think it is unanimous that all of us really like your house. ;)