Online/Correspondance classes for herbal medicine??

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
yourbadd said:
I just finished the free course thru www.learningherbs.com It was simple but informative and when I signed up for notification for their herbal kit I received a free PDF book, Nourishing Herbal Infusions which is amazing!! It gives instructions for how to make an infusion and a small list of herbs that are beneficial. I like the format of the book too.

I will be perusing their site as time allows and think I will purchase their herbal remedy kit when it's available. I think it will be a nice intro into making things from "scratch" where I source the ingredients. I did find another course...can't remember now who offered it, that was very in depth and cost about $300. That is going on my "want" list and depending on finances and free time I may look into it come next fall.
I'm not sure how to ask this without sounding really rude. But I don't mean to be rude, really, I'm just curious. So, my question is (and I ask this without having checked out the link you gave, so really have no idea) -- did you really take a course about herbs, and not learn about infusions until afterwards, and with their PDF book (free, but, even so)? What was the course about? Just the benefits of the herbs themselves? All the sources I have looked at list, immediately after the benefits of the herbs, how to make an infusion - sort of the very first medical application with herbs.
Sorry, no offense meant, and I'm sure (from your enthusiasm) that you got a lot from the course.

aclarkmeyers

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The Herbal Academy of New England teaches both online and local courses in herbal medicine. If you have taken a class in herbalism or are familiar with some of the basics, their Intermediate Herbal Course would be a good fit for you. They also have free online resources if you just want to look through articles or their recommended books for beginners.

Good luck to you!!