Online Grocery Shopping?

dnsnthegrdn

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Does anyone know an online grocery store to suggest. I'd like to buy bulk flour, rice, beans--the staples, since there is no where for me to buy in bulk. I'm also interested in cases of stuff like Cheerios and such.

Am I wasting my time looking into this? Will the shipping kill me in cost?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I have the same problem, nowhere to buy in bulk close enough - but I'm guessing buying online the shipping will outweight the savings for buying the bulk in the first place. :rolleyes:

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/ Prices are a little high, but they balance it with $4.49 shipping for the entire order.

dnsnthegrdn said:
Does anyone know an online grocery store to suggest. I'd like to buy bulk flour, rice, beans--the staples, since there is no where for me to buy in bulk. I'm also interested in cases of stuff like Cheerios and such.

Am I wasting my time looking into this? Will the shipping kill me in cost?

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What about food wholesaler's?

My hubby used to drive a truck for a grocery wholesaler, and they would sell to individuals and deliver (the delivery was $10 if you were close to one of their runs, or you would have to meet them somewhere along their run).

But you get the products for the same prices as restaurants, grocery stores, etc.... they are just huge quantities. (not that huge though... 50 pounds of flour, 80 pounds of rice)

You'd have to call around, or ask local diners or restaurants where they get their staples.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Such a shame you don't have somewhere to buy in bulk.

I found that it was less expensive for me to buy my buckets, lids and whatever I wanted to fill them with myself. But since you can't do this maybe paying a bit for shipping is your only answer.

Ldy that site look interesting thanks for the link. 4.49 shipping wow!!!! Edited to say... After looking at the prices now I see how they can offer the shipping so low. I think it would pay to look around.

Good luck!!
gina

dnsnthegrdn

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I had hopes that someone had come across something. It is frustrating when you don't have very many options and they are all at least a 40 min. drive, but I would still rather live were I do. Thanks and if someone has something toss it up for the rest of us.